• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Album Covers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My music distributor requires all album artwork to be uploaded at 3000 x 3000 px, 300 dpi, RGB either tiff or jpg. Which I'm able to do, but everytine I upload the image, I get an error message that it doesn't meet the requirements? Am I missing something here? I'm a PS newbie. I tried everything, both jpg, tiff, with different RGB spaces, and different bit rates. Nothing works. Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Yes 8 bit. Problem solved by flattening image....duh! My bad. So sorry to bother ya'll but I really appreciate the support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached image is 2048 x 2048 pixels. It's also a PNG file, not a tiff. 

Can you confirm that the original really is 3000 x 3000? In Photoshop, go to Image > Image size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, while in PS > Image > Image Size > it confirms W: 3000 H: 3000 pixels, Resolution 300 pixesl/inch and PS saved it as .tif.

Not sure why you see as a PNG? Unless Safari converts to PNG while uploading? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any specific error, or just a generic message? I see your image is 2048 px square, rather than 3000. I would think that that's close enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Invalid Artwork is the message I'm getting. Weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us more about the tiffs you are trying to upload to your client?

8-bit or 16-bit? They most likely want 8-bit, so 16-bit may cause problems.

Are you saving with compression? If so, try uncompressed. (set compression to None in the Tiff options dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 8 bit. Problem solved by flattening image....duh! My bad. So sorry to bother ya'll but I really appreciate the support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading it to Firefox (MacOS) and File Info confirms it as a 3000px x 3000px tiff file. RGB 8 bit.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 9.22.54 AM.png

Photoshop reads it correctly with the 300 ppi print metadata.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 9.25.23 AM.png

What I do notice is that the tiff file is a layered file and I suspect you need to flatten the file before uploading because the client doesn't need it if jpeg is also a requirement. Layered files are for your editing. Provide a flattened copy and try uploading it.

The unknown is why it is uploading incorrectly. Try a different browser such as FireFox or Chrome, or work with your publisher on another way to get the file to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo...I had to flatten image, and also selected "Don't Color Manage". And now it worked. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got enough to go on and solve it from there. Strange enough I answered a similar questions years ago, but "Don't Color Manage" seems a bit strange because I would think the printer would need the File color space.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/what-s-the-best-way-of-setting-up-a-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo...I had to flatten image, and also selected "Don't Color Manage". And now it worked. Thanks! 

By @MikeySmiles

Don't Color Manage isn't a solution. Flatting yes. Assign the correct profile (was it sRGB) to that document. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Do not Color Manage" is risky, that’s definitely not recommended.

Perhaps read this piece?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines