• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL versions of PS very slow after 2017 update

Advisor ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I was stupid enough to accept the last PS update everything in the program responds super slow. Takes like 5 seconds to open the preferences. About 3 seconds to open an empty document, the list goes on. I rolled back to Photoshop CC 2015.5 and guess what? Now that's acting equally slow as the new version! In other words we're all caught in this trap now.

Please Adobe, what on earth are you doing? Please don't release faulty software. Don't use US as your crash test dummies. Please try the software yourself before releasing this crap on paying customers. Any refund plans? Surely you can't expect people to actually pay for this? What's your fix plan? Can't work so income is stopped. We are 20 people stuck with this issue in my company.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your description it looks like you have had issues with CC2017 and then re-installed CC2015.5.
If that is the case - have you checked the Performance Preferences (including GPU settings) and Scratch disks to see if the set up now is the same as you had in your previous 2015.5 installation?

After that can you give some details of your system so that users here can try and help you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I haven't changed any settings. I have a proper workstation running heavy applications such as 3DSM and more. After posting my post I discover that alot of people are experiencing the same issues with a very slow PS, I would much rather focus on the real issue instead of a topic that's not related to the software issues. My local system is more than ample. If you read my initial post my whole team of 20 designers are experiencing the same issues after accepting the last PS update, it sets us back quite substantially. There's plenty of users reporting about the same problems.

So Adobe - are you going to offer a big refund after putting us out of work?! Stop launching beta releases and crap - and stop using us as your crash test dummies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware your comments are addressed to fellow users here, although occasionally Adobe staff join?

If you don't want others to help you - that is up to you - I'm out

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm awaiting Adobe staff response on this one. As Adobe has totally abandoned their paying customers my only chance to receive any answers from them is here - that's pretty sad but still true. I tried to place an international call today but was just met by a wall of automated response.

Buddy, I know my technical setup. It is not a hardware issue. PS became slow as syrup the second we all installed the so called upgrade. Adobe has even tried blaming hardware vendors like NVIDIA for their Illustrator issues before, that was solidly declined by NVIDIA. It's become quite pathetic really. Adobe is charging big bucks for throwing beta versions at paying customers, just look at all the posts about PS issues after their last "upgrade" - the proof is in the pudding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines