Exit

allocating dynamic memory

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my second question for today...;-)

Should I always get dynamic memory via Photoshop API or can I use new[] as well? I understand that photoshop uses own memory management, but I'm talking about relatively small amounts of memory, say some kB.
If there a rule?

Greetings Thomas
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For small allocations use new/delete DO NOT use PIUNew to override. This <br />will just give you headaches.<br /><br />For large allocations, image buffers, use the buffer suite.<br /><br /><ThomasTh@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc443a7.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi,<br />><br />> my second question for today...;-)<br />><br />> Should I always get dynamic memory via Photoshop API or can I use new[] as <br />> well? I understand that photoshop uses own memory management, but I'm <br />> talking about relatively small amounts of memory, say some kB.<br />> If there a rule?<br />><br />> Greetings Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines