• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt+Click+Dragging a locked layer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem since forever. (My PS version is 23.4.1 but it doen't matter)

If Layer 1 is locked, why can I Alt+Click+Drag it to duplicate it? (with move tool selected)

This should not happen because Layer 1 is locked, right? And it doesn't matter if Auto-select is checked or not. Normally you can't do anything to a locked layer except this!? Why? Locked layer should be locked and frozen until I unlock it.

Also you can merge (ctrl+E) multiple locked layers which also wrong.

It is annoying since if I have multiple layers above Layer 1 and I misclick those layers, Layer 1  gets selected and duplicated...

AltClickDrag.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested on my Mac version and got the same results. You can report this as a bug using the tab in the main Photoshop Ecosystem window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately this is a well known "bug". There are threads here that are 10 years old on the same topic and nothing has been done about it, because Adobe insists that the duplication of a locked layer doesn't fall under the locked layer restrictions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have noticed. this recently too as I was teaching Photoshop and how the lock tool works! But it wasnt locking the Layer! Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it. did not. Pretty sure it is a bug. You're not alone!

Cheers,
Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines