• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unrecoverable problem has occured in photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used photoshop on my laptop but someone unknowingly installed another version of photoshop in the laptop and then the previous one started showing this error saying "An unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit." so I tried deleting both versions and uninstalling and then reinstalling the first one but it would still show the same error, please help me fix this as photoshop is something I have to use on daily basis its kinda important.

Thanks...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try using the Adobe Cleaner Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the help. but could you be a little more specific on how to download and use it, I'd be really grateful if you could help me with that.
thanks again 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey actually nvm I downloaded it and tried to use it but when I choose the option to clean cc apps it says this, no photoshop option 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you should see when you run the tool, did you install Photoshop using the Creative Cloud app2022-10-02 12_03_50-Downloads.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this when I open it but when I choose the 4th option it has no option for a speicific app but it just says clear all, what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select option 1, make sure that you right click and select run as administrator

2022-10-02 13_12_38-Downloads.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I did run it as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DINO5FF1 

Once you get this fixed, create second user account without administrative privileges for the "someone" and others to use so they cannot install apps. Change the PW for your account.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-account-type-windows-10

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,
thanks for the advice I will surely do that, but I hope I get this fixed soon.
thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DINO5FF1 

I don't have anything to add other than what Ged has said. If he (or someone else) doesn't come back soon, contact Adobe Customer Care. They can see your screen, whereas volunteers cannot.

Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen (type "agent")

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

If you can't find out why your browser is blocking Chat, you can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

You can find phone numbers here (you may be on hold for a long time):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey
thank you so much for all this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling Photoshop.

It’s recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NB, colourmanagement net the OP has already tried the cleaner tool as stated above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm ok. Let's hope they can still find a solution. Personally I found the cleaner to be ineffective if the program had been manually removed earlier. The cleaner didn't identify anything to be removed here but - when updating to 64 bit macOS - a load of 32 bit Adobe app files showed up in "Go64". I guess the "cleaner" may rely on app data that gets removed in a drag to trash uninstall. Surprising that. 

neilB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines