Animated GIF in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I want to make an animated GIF in Photoshop, with black figures appearing and disappearing slowly with no background. But when I save, it loses the transparent effect and instead I get shading colors of grey. How can I solve that?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GIF file format does not support partial transparency. Pixels must be fully transparent or not at all. When saving, partial transparent pixels will be filled with a background Matte color (which you can set in Save for web).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a flashback to dithered drop shadows!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part are you having trouble with?  You can make an object fade in and out by copying the frame, setting layer opacity to zero for the copied frame, and use Tween  to gradually fade out.  Then select the frames, copy and paste them, and reverse the order of the pasted frames.

image.png

Fading-Text.gif

The background will be white rather than transparent though. Is that the issue you are having?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where do you want to use the file the further? 

Could you use a more »proper« video format? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines