• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcing Enhanced Guides support in Photoshop 23.4

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Introduced in Photoshop 23.4, Guide Enhancements provides additional guide functionality at the document level to customize and streamline day-to-day work in Photoshop. Guides enhancements include adding the ability to customize and colorize guides, edit guide properties, access guides via new keyboard shortcuts, and accessible guide options with a new right-click context menu. Users can now also delete guides with the delete key and multi-select to edit and move guides. 

We hope you give enhanced guides a try and provide feedback if you run into any problems. Check out our HelpX documentation for more info.

New Guide Layout Dialog.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4.2. This update includes the fix for the issues which we identified in Enhanced Guides support. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating   

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that this update did break snapping to objects and the document itself.
In a test I did to see how bad it is, out of 20 different attempts to get a guide to snap to the 0 point on a document, it only did so successfully twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, at least on Mac, the snap needs a bit of work. Still works, but seems to be a bit more hit or miss. Maybe the sensitivity has been updated and needs to be looked at/ 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment and feedback, I will create a ticket and have our engineers investigate the snapping behavior asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature totally broke the way guides are supposed to work. Guides arent snapping to the correct place even when using "Snap To" on specific layers. I have to be zoomed way in for it to snap correctly to the exact pixel, which didn't happen on at all two versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hyper10sion @TheDigitalDog @BasedSPACER We regret that you are facing issues with the latest update. We are aware of these issues and our team is actively working on them. We are hopeful to fix these issues in the next release.
Thanks for reporting them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4.2. This update includes the fix for the issues which we identified in Enhanced Guides support. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating   

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to turn this of and revert to using it the good old way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to add a legacy guides option for those that liked it the way it was? When I place a guide, I have to click to confirm its placement. This is disruptive to my workflow when I intend to delete something I was working on, but instead, it deletes the guide I just placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the workflow with the release of Photoshop 23.5

In this release we have updated the guides behavior. You will no longer have to click to confirm the placement of guide.

Let us know if the update resolves your problem and share feedback.

Thanks,

Garima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Garima yes the guides work perfect now thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines