• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody have the same little lag bug with Wacom and photoshop cc from Yosemite installed two days ago ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy everybody,

I just installed Yosemite on my mac two days ago.

I have 27' iMac, with 32Go ram.. so actually no problem of lag.

I use a Wacom Intuos 4. Last driver installed yesterday.

But since the Yosemite upgrade, there is a little but horrible lag bug when I touch the wacom with my stylet.

Please help me !

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

After installing Yosemite, and struggling with the lag for two weeks, I spent a week on every forum trying to figure out a solution, I then spoke with multiple customer service reps at adobe and wacom.  According to an adobe rep, the wacom drivers are not yet fully comparable with yosemite but they hope to be soon. I finally unistalled yosemite and re-installed mavericks, the november 2014 wacom cintiq driver, and photoshop CC 2014 and now my machine is as good as new.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the problem seems to be fixed for me. Here what I did:

Before, I was running Yosemite 10.10 on an iMac i7

I had the latest driver from Wacom (I tried a couple of older drivers, to no avail)

I'm running PS CS6, with all update

I'm using a Wacom Intuos 5 medium tablet

I was getting super bad lag while using the brush and other tools. Let's say I'd open an image to edit. After selecting the keyboard shortcut for my brush, I'd make one pass with the brush on the image. The brush stroke would be there, but it wouldn't show up in the history palette. Only after making another brush stroke would the previous action be recorded in the history palette. I was lagging real bad. In between brush strokes I wouldn't be able to change tools or even change the size of my brush. Nothing worked. I'd have to click off the image to regain control, or click the trackpad to regain control. BTW, the trackpad worked perfectly. NO lag for anything in PS. The polygonal lasso tool, one of my favorite selection tools, was basically unusable with the lag. I'd have to click several times before it would catch up and then sometime it would just randomly close the selection. So that was useless.

Ok, so that's what was happening to me. My tablet was basically useless. It took triple the time to work with it.

All I did was update Yosemite to 10.10.1 and the tablet now works PERFECTLY in photoshop cs6 for me. I'm not sure you'll get the same results but it worked for my computer. I really didn't think it would work so I was pleasantly surprised when it did.

I had tried installing older wacom drivers. Didn't work.

I tried reinstalling PS CS6 in a new user profile on my Mac. Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This describes my problem perfectly. I'm already on 10.10 so there's no update. Resetting photoshop preferences seems to work!!

After trying it out for a while, the brush stroke lag seems to be gone. However, the 'brush tool' that registers in history is not instant, and I can't switch using keyboard shortcuts to other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I'm also running this plugin. It may be making the difference because my tablet works like normal with no lag.

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make a difference if I am using CS6 Extended? I think I'll try it regardless.

It's a hassle having to constantly click somewhere else so that PS will get up to date. Then it's a cycle all over again when I use the brush tool.

EDIT:
I THINK IT WORKS!!

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue:

"I was getting super bad lag while using the brush and other tools. Let's say I'd open an image to edit. After selecting the keyboard shortcut for my brush, I'd make one pass with the brush on the image. The brush stroke would be there, but it wouldn't show up in the history palette. Only after making another brush stroke would the previous action be recorded in the history palette. I was lagging real bad. In between brush strokes I wouldn't be able to change tools or even change the size of my brush. Nothing worked. I'd have to click off the image to regain control, or click the trackpad to regain control. BTW, the trackpad worked perfectly. NO lag for anything in PS. The polygonal lasso tool, one of my favorite selection tools, was basically unusable with the lag. I'd have to click several times before it would catch up and then sometime it would just randomly close the selection. So that was useless."

This plugin is the only thing that finally fixed the problem for me! Yay!

Late 2015 Imac

CS6

El Capitan

I tried many solutions, including reinstalling drivers, trying older drivers... none of that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here since Yosemited, Ps CC brush tool freezes when working wt Wacom Intuos tablet. But the problem seems to be wt Photoshop since the tablet works fine in other apps even during these sad sad sad sad events.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with laggy brush, when using wacom tablet but everything what u have guys wrote above I've tested and didn't resolved my problem.

Problem solved:

DISABLE or TURN OFF THE RULERS in PHOTOSHOP CC
Maybe this is stupid but after u turning off the rulers in Photoshop CC your lag disappear, however photoshop speed up in every tasks, this is really wired

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe that worked!

I've had this problem for months.

Thanks Nathan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Ruler" thing didn't work for me. I never had the rulers on and I get all of the lag, brush resizing issues. Damn.  Anyone have anything else to suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the latest driver of Wacom Tablet, next in Photoshop restore all settingÅ›, turn on the ruler, try to sketch if u get a lag, turn off the ruler and test again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

Right on  - Turning OFF rulers fixed the lag!

I am on a 2014 retina iMac i7 with 1TB SSD 32GB ram, OSX10.10.1 and latest Wacom drivers but the lag on my brushes was intolerable. Even with the simplest round brush Photoshop took about half a second to register my pen stroke.  I installed a trial of Sketchbook Pro to see if the problems was the tablet or system, but it worked fine, great brush response.

Now back in Photoshop and after turning off the rulers, brushes are fixed and working perfectly!!!!

seriously ADOBE - someone needs to look into this and fix the code!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still investigating why MacOS 10.10 causes a delay when rulers are enabled.

But this may be related to several other bugs introduced in MacOS 10.10 that Apple is still working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, Have you discovered any clues as to what causes the lag between yosemite + Cintiq+ Photoshop CC 2014? I can hardly draw on my cintiq.

If I use the pen and mouse on my Intuos tablet, I can use brushes with no problems on the cintiq. Any advice would be most hepful.

I've installed wacom drivers from nov 2014 because the jan 2015 drivers didn't help

Doesn't seem to be a ruler issue within photoshop

I've renamed my adobe photoshop prefs file

and running osx 10.10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! THANK YOU!!!!! I have been going CRAZY with the lag and the randomness of lines that show up or never appear! It was taking me about 3x longer than normal to do my work and this fix has SAVED ME!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAN YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!! I just have the same systems, mac retina and I was for a whole day trying to figure out what was the problem!!! Thank you so much for sharing your discovery!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nathan!

This fixed everything!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Man!!!!! Solved!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I have been struggling with this terrible lag all weekend long since (stupidly) installing Yosemite and so needed my tablet to work for a deadline of illustrations today. You saved my project with the ruler-off hint!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I didn't understood... did you fixed the problem ?

Because I didn't yet ! Arhhhhhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexfort, what helped me was to switch of the rulers in the view-menu (cmd-R-key). If I need them, I switch them on and then off again. I usually only need the rulers briefly when drawing with my board, so it's not perfect, but a great workaround until this bug is fixed by Apple or whoever is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you! turning off the rulers worked! thats the funkiest bug ever ive encountered, but i guess you don't need the side rulers anyways to sketch, but thats weird. I CAN SKETCH LAGLESS AGAIN! =D hahahah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 27" imac with Wacom Intuos 4. Same problem with lag of certain tools (most noticeably with the healing brush). It was driving me crazy. I tried everything mentioned in this thread with no luck. I finally discovered the solution (for me). I hope this helps those like me who were looking for a complex solution before considering the simplest...I went into the Wacom preferences and changed the Tip Double Click Distance from 'Large' to 'Off.' Problem SOLVED. Now, no lag. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion and it did NOT work for me. Bummer. I have the same issue as others here. I have a loaded 2013 27" Mac with all the bells and whistles and haven't had a problem until Yosemite. I upgraded drivers. Shut off pen distance as you stated and I still have the same problem. Anyone else have any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!!!!  Turning the double click distance to OFF actually worked. How could it have been so simple?! I've had this problem for YEARS in ALL ADOBE software, PS, AI, AE, and I swear I tried all the wacom settings but I figured OFF meant you can't double click. not the case. I've reinstalled drivers older and newer DOZENS of time, spent hours on the phone with Wacom. Rulers on or off didn't work, only this worked.  THANK YOU jddickersonjr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give me more details? What is "double click distance"? THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines