• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody have the same little lag bug with Wacom and photoshop cc from Yosemite installed two days ago ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy everybody,

I just installed Yosemite on my mac two days ago.

I have 27' iMac, with 32Go ram.. so actually no problem of lag.

I use a Wacom Intuos 4. Last driver installed yesterday.

But since the Yosemite upgrade, there is a little but horrible lag bug when I touch the wacom with my stylet.

Please help me !

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

After installing Yosemite, and struggling with the lag for two weeks, I spent a week on every forum trying to figure out a solution, I then spoke with multiple customer service reps at adobe and wacom.  According to an adobe rep, the wacom drivers are not yet fully comparable with yosemite but they hope to be soon. I finally unistalled yosemite and re-installed mavericks, the november 2014 wacom cintiq driver, and photoshop CC 2014 and now my machine is as good as new.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything suggested, but turning rulers off eventually solved it for me in PS6EX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my MacBook Pro to Mavericks (10.9.5) and my Wacom Intuos4 had major issues in Photoshop CS6:  spot healing brush lagging, brushes lagging, lasso selections closing early, photoshop totally freezing, screen flickering when scrolling with hand tool…totally unusable.  I tried 3 different driver versions for the tablet…didn’t help.  I tried resetting preferences in Photoshop…didn’t help.  I was also using a MacBook Pro at the studio that had Yosemite installed with Photoshop CS6 and it had all the same problems.  I finally found the White Window Workaround plugin and it fixed everything on both computers!!!  You can find it here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-menus-turn-white-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in this post worked for me but the white window plugin worked for me, thank you! If I can't use healing brush with a tablet, life would be disastrous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using OSX 10.10.2 with photoshop CC 2014 and intuos 4.

I had been experiencing similar problems described here and I found that the only way to make photoshop cc 2014 work as intended without lag is to go full screen mode without menus. i.e only canvas and press tab to hide all menus. Hopefully this will help adobe to narrow down what is the bug that continues to disrupt our workflow. This is just a temporary solution and really hope adobe can patch this to make it work out.

With that said, I still do experience my wacom suddenly stop working and have to unplug it and plug in again for it to continue working as per normal in photoshop cc 2014. But this could be another problem that maybe wacom should address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Yosemite, and struggling with the lag for two weeks, I spent a week on every forum trying to figure out a solution, I then spoke with multiple customer service reps at adobe and wacom.  According to an adobe rep, the wacom drivers are not yet fully comparable with yosemite but they hope to be soon. I finally unistalled yosemite and re-installed mavericks, the november 2014 wacom cintiq driver, and photoshop CC 2014 and now my machine is as good as new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after all that, and going through all the responses here, it seems like it actually was an issue with Rulers!  Ha!  Just gotta keep the rulers off if you wanna do any drawing.

I hope this is fixed soon, as it's just nice to have those rulers always there, but at least there's a workaround. 

I'll know by the end of day today whether that was truly it, but for now, after shutting down overnight, restarting and opening PS2014, it appears that all's well.

Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, drawing the rulers is a known performance problem in MacOS 10.10.

Apple is aware of the OS bug and working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom put on new drivers this past Friday, March 6 that covers 10.10

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i am having a touch issue in my wacom settings it off... and i cant turn it on... i dont know what to do

i use an imac 27inc.. the pen works awesome... i have updates latest version of mac os and wacom touch and pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the rulers helped the initial problem when I first upgraded to Yosemite, but now I'm getting a brush lag problem, this time with rulers off. The first few brush strokes are good, but after that they lag like crazy. Tabbing off the palettes and everything has worked, but it's a pain in the butt if I'm working on a file with several layers. I know Yosemite has an update to 10.10.2, and Wacom released an update a few weeks ago. I updated my tablet (Intuos Pro), and that didn't do anything. So far only turning off the palettes (and rulers) has done anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could try to delete the wacom preferences in the library (com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs), then restart your computer and see if that helps. After that, you can also repair your rights and see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I wound up resetting my Photoshop preferences (which didn't work), but then tried keeping the palettes on and closed a few of them, leaving open only my history and layers, etc. I closed the Info palette and Histogram and a few others, and that seems to have fixed the situation. Weird glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's a bit better. I so hope for a soon update that will fix all those little things. I had my scanner off, the printer would not work properly, the wacom tablet was behaving odd and i had to fix quite a few things with fonts to make the desktop look good for me. Some new OS cause more trouble than they are worth! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OS X 10.10.2, Photoshop CC (fully updated), installed the latest Wacom drivers.

Reset all PS prefs. Reinstalled all Wacom files.

Issue: Using tablet causes terrible lag and renders the keyboard utterly useless. Only if I click out of the app and come back in does it work for a couple seconds. I've closed all windows when working, turned off rulers, cursed... the only thing I haven't done is sacrifice a small animal to the Tablet Gods. Kinda rough for an illustrator to have no use of the tablet!

Anyone? Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Have a brand new I-Mac, CS6 and the Wacom Intuos. I tried everything was mentioned here, but nothing worked.

If I use the brush, I can´t change the tool via shortcut. I have to klick outside Photoshop, than I can take a new tool. Also the cmd+z doesn´t work when I use the pen. Don´t have the problem when I´m using the mouse, but I need the pen urgently.

I´m totally desperate.

Does anyone have another solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I've updated Photoshop CC 2014 to the latest version 2014.2.2, Wacom Intuos driver to latest 6.3.11-3, Yosemite 10.10.2 (I'm not going to install 10.10.3 now) - and works better, but still have problems form time to time. For instance: selection tool doesn't work and have to use mouse - after first click Wacom works.

I'm using iMac 5k (i7, 32 GB RAM, SSD 512 GB, 4 GB Radeon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't gone back and read all the responses to this, but I will add this:  Simply turning off the rulers fixed everything for me- No lag, working on a Macbook Pro and 22" Cintiq with PhotoshopCC2014.

Other than that, it seems like Apple, Adobe and Wacom are all playing nice together.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for information:

The lagging of retouch tools using Wacom in PhotoShop has driven me half crazy too.

But i work on a Windows 7, 64 bit, with 16 GB ram, with PhS CC 2014.2.2.

Turning off the rulers fixed the problem for me too. No other actions, like resetting preferences or so.

Cheers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys.

I had the same problem. it's anoooying! I was even wondering to throw my computer to the window but first I tried to desconect the FILEVAULT.

Now seems to be ok and the problem solved!

Anyone nows if there is any problem to stay with the Filevault off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Filevault off and problems still occur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I using all Wacom Mac driver problems for this tablest page.It will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How these drivers helped you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the ruler worked for me.  I just scribbled and haven't gotten into a project yet.  I'll update when I do.  Hopefully tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, maxed out macbook pro retina 2013, latest Yosemite version, latest Photoshop CC version, latest Wacom driver. Brush lag is still present. Hopefully someone int the AAW trinity will solve this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the rulers seemed to help, but as my file got bigger the lag continued to happen sporadically.  I opened up a fresh file and there was no lag.  I'm sure Adobe would say to keep the file smaller while you work on it. That would be a cop out if they do say that.  The program offers the feature to have extra layers turned off while you work on the file.  Also I planned on using it for animation (with a plug in i was told about) which would require tons of layers turned off.  My document is only 11x17 inches.  My dpi is at 300.  The problem does not occur with other drawing programs so Adobe's excuse that Wacom isn't updated yet is BS.  I got the year subscription so I'm stuck with it.  I'll check back and try to use it to see how it's going.  But at the moment I am DONE.  I dealt with Adobe customer service the other day and they only temporarily solved my problem and DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE TURNING OFF THE RULERS (partial) SOLUTION.  I purchased AUTODESK SKETCHBOOK PRO.  I've heard great things about it It's only $25 for the year and also has an animation tool set (not sure how much that is).  I will keep checking back on this thread being that I DO want to use Photoshop and hope that Adobe gets their act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines