Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Anybody know, why lens blur not work on smart object?

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until now i can not figureout about this problem,

My lens blur always greyed out (disable) on smart object.

How to fix this? thanks

==============
Okie Eko Wardoyo
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Blur is a destructive filter so it cannot work on a Smart object as the others do. In this case you have to rasterize your layer or, if it was just an image layer anyway, don't make it a smart object.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just expanding on what @roaringmousegraphics has already nicely explained. In this situation I duplicate the Smart Object and hide the visibility of the original. I then rasterize the duplicate and apply the filter. If I need to adjust the blur I'll throw away the layer and repeat the process with different settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of rasterizing duplicated SO layer one can edit it and apply destructive filter in case editor wants to build on top using available non destructive filters.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice suggestion @Bojan Živković 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines