• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Glitches: Viewing Size Enlarged / Automation & Saving Errors / Display Brightness

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Photoshop newbie and have used the app for a couple of years for retouching photo but have experienced the following problems lately. 

Firstly: When using automation that prompts the file to save and close and sometimes even just upon saving a file Photoshop stops the automation stating that the file cannot be saved due to another program using the file. Sometimes but not always a temporary file has been created (by PS?) under the same file name. Once I delete the temporary file it works again but this is considerably annoying and I haven't found a way to stop it.  

(Screenshot attached) 

Secondly: Most recently the app started displaying files rediculously enlarged at 12800 percent. I usually drag & drop files to Photoshop and most recently it started displaying the files at this enormous size. Is there a way to fix that? 

(Screenshot attached) 

Thirdly: When retouching photos and using selection tools to select certain areas within the picture PS seems to prompt the display brightness of my laptop to adjust. It starts "flickering", becoming brighter, once I select something and become darker again, once I deselct. I've checked and automatically adjusted display brightness is not active on my device. Is there a way to fix that? 

I'm using the following: 

1. Version of the app: Version 24.02.0
  2. Platform and OS version: Windows 11, Version 22H2 (on a Dell XPS 13 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz and 8 Gig RAM (7.77 usable), Storage: 112 of 222 GB free  )
  3. Basic steps to reproduce the problem: see above
  4. Expected result and actual result: Hope to resolve them. 

Thank you!
    Maria
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maria28888054w1mh for the saving issue - are you accessing these files off an external source - like a server or cloud service?

Second for the other two issues - Go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply. Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The brightness flickering is a Dell modification in the video driver. It's a fairly common occurrence only seen in laptops. With an application like Photoshop, which actually uses the GPU for data processing, these functions can start to behave erratically.

Photoshop has no way to control or influence screen brightness.

Somewhere in the Dell settings there has to be a switch to turn this function off. It may be in the laptop settings, or they may have put it in the GPU control panel.

If there is an integrated Intel GPU in addition to a discrete GPU from AMD or Nvidia, you may need to disable the Intel GPU completely. Dual GPUs can cause conflicts and doesn't work well with Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines