• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Emoji font no longer working after update

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was tinkering around with some text in Photoshop 2018 and noticed not every Apple emoji in the font "Apple Color Emoji" was available. I figured they might be available in the most recent update, so I updated my Photoshop to the 2020 version, 21.2.0.

Now none of the emojis in this font work. Facepalm. The emojis show up in the glyphs window but not when you select them as text. The emojis in the font "EmojiOne" work, but I don't like those emojis. Can someone help me use "Apple Color Emoji" again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Every time I add an emoji it shows up as a blank space. I wish an adobe rep would check this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALSO having this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I had the anti-aliasing text option set to "Strong." It seems to work for every anti-aliasing option except Strong (None, Sharp, Crisp, Smooth. Mac, Mac LCD). When you select strong, it becomes transparent. Strange, but that fixed it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick for me!! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Losing my mind that it was that simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me. Thanks for the easy fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou so much worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you (and thanks to the SuperUser thread that got me here: https://superuser.com/questions/907875/how-can-one-use-apple-s-new-emojis-in-photoshop)

...but...

HOW is this still an issue almost TWO YEARS after it was discovered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines