• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply adjustments to multiple artboards

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply various adjustments to multiple artboards and am using this method:

Capture1.JPG

The adjustments appear to be applied on the canvas:

Capture2.JPG

But when I use 'Export as' the adjustments aren't there:

Capture3.JPG

Have done some googling but can't find anything helpful so hoping someone has some tips.

Using 25.9.0 on windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems rather normal that "Export as" shows only the artboards. But the question is : Are the overall settings applied or not to the exports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify that it seems that it's just the color fill that doesn't work. I've also tried using a coloured shape but that doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify that it seems that it's just the color fill that doesn't work. I've also tried using a coloured shape but that doesn't work either.

By @PDW-BM

Ah, I tested with adjustment layers and it worked as expected, but I didn't test with a color fill layer.

Artboards are like a "group with a mask" isolating a specific area of the canvas.

It looks like you might have to dupe the fill and place it within each artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that's how I'm doing, but seems more like something that's been missed than a deliberate design feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but seems more like something that's been missed than a deliberate design feature

I disagree; if one adds content »above« the ArtBoards that simply does not seem like part of the ArtBoards to me. 

What is the ultimate point of the task? 

Maybe a Scripting approach might work out better in this case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree too. Why would I apply an adjustment on every artboard when I could apply a single adjustment to all artboards at the same. Much quicker workflow. And most adjustments allow this so why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for adjustment layers, so one can only conclude that Adobe designed all artboards to be affected by adjustment layers placed above the artboards.

That this doesn't work the same for a solid fill layer could either be by design or an omission or bug.

As pixel and vector layers behave the same way this would appear to be by design, being treated as content that should be inside the artboard or placed behind all artboards as a common element for save as or save for web with all visible layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And most adjustments allow this so why not?

Because you chose to work with ArtBoards. 

ArtBoards are essentially special Groups for special tasks and what you want to achieve is not in line with their current functionality. (Feel free to post a Feature Request [label it »Idea« instead of »Discussion«].)

Edit: Ah, I missed an important point in your second post! 

What is the ultimate point of the task and how frequent is it in your work? 

Why don’t you use a Script to achieve the intended results? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I had missed your second post. (»I should clarify that it seems that it's just the color fill that doesn't work.«)

Edit: And that Fill Layres and Adjustment Layers are treated differently in this context does indeed seem like it might be an inadvertent effect. 

Try using a Gradient Map Layer with only one Color Stop instead of the Fill Layer. 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 09.54.34.pngScreenshot 2024-06-04 at 09.54.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler 

Thats a creative idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep the Gradient Map hack worked when exporting, good idea! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines