on all formats.

thank you

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

You posted not enough informations, but I guess you just wanted to know is that possible you ask for.

Yes, it is, however I'm aware there are many (un)willing people here they could do it better and more accurately.

Anyway till anyone else propose his solution, you can try mine:

preferences.rulerUnits = Units.PIXELS

d = 20, m = 3, (h = (aD = activeDocument).height) > (w = aD.width) ? s = w : (s = h, d /= 2, m /= 1.5)

aD.selection.select([[(f = h / d), f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
People's Champ ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script is quite complicated. I'm too lazy to write it for free.

I can offer a scenario

1. Select the area of the expected position of the Logo.

2. Obtain an average color using channel histograms (for example, the average value of R = SUM (histogram * n) / SUM (histogram ))

3. Deselect the selection.

4. Depending on the brightness of the color (avg_color.lab.l), select which file will be inserted as the Logo.

5. Insert (and, possibly, move to the desired position) your Logo in the document.

)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geppettol66959005  wrote

I would like when I have to apply one of these logos on an image

must be done automatically must be placed on the bottom left

must analyze the surface

if dark it applies the logo_white.png

if it is clear, apply logo_black.png

analyze the surface if dark? What do you mean by dark color, luminosity, shadow, highlight? If it is clear what is clear? No texture, not detail a solid color.  Sizing and positioning a logo is not a  problem a single logo file may be possible to user for inverting a white one would become a black one.    Why limit yourself to Black and White.  Your logo can be place in as as smart object layer. So it can be applied or not.  That way it can also be adjusted for your  Image content.  It is possible to  change the size, blending and position if you do not like what the Script did automatically.  You could set up a Open document event to run a script like my Place watermark script the would add a logo layer the any single layer document.. All you need to do is add the test for the document to be a single layer.   Your ideal of analyzing the area is a red herring. Not well thought out or defined.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact above I wrote

(I do not know if it is possible to do this)

I thought it was very difficult to do

and you confirmed my doubt

I go on like I have done so far.

thanks for the answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted not enough informations, but I guess you just wanted to know is that possible you ask for.

Yes, it is, however I'm aware there are many (un)willing people here they could do it better and more accurately.

Anyway till anyone else propose his solution, you can try mine:

preferences.rulerUnits = Units.PIXELS

d = 20, m = 3, (h = (aD = activeDocument).height) > (w = aD.width) ? s = w : (s = h, d /= 2, m /= 1.5)

aD.selection.select([[(f = h / d), f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - 1)], [f, f * (d - 1)]])

function loop(v1, v2) {for(i = v1; i < v2; i++) v1+= hst; return v1}

blk = loop(0, l2 = (l1 = (hst = aD.histogram).length) / 2), wht = loop(l2, l1)

open(File('~/desktop/watemark/logo_' + (blk > wht ? 'white' : 'black') + '.png')),

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(s / 7.5), (sel = log.selection).selectAll(), sel.copy()

log.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste()

After I wrote my code I realised you wanted logo to have same dimmension irrespecitvely of opened document format.

Well you can change last 2 lines of code to this:

(sel = (log  = activeDocument).selection).selectAll(), sel.copy()

log.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste()

however when logo has other resolution than opened image then result won't be that you expected. If so, replace this part of the first code:

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(s / 7.5)

with

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(null, null, aD.resolution)

Ah, and this code is of course only for a start, so you can test it and basing on the present result it gives, tell me how you'd like that was modified...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geppettol66959005  wrote

second passage

I use 3 SLRs with different mpx

nikon d700 has 12 mpx

nikon d610 has 24 mpx

nikon d800 has 36 mpx

I would like the logo that is applied to have the same dimensions

on all formats.

thank you

Do you ever crop your images?  Your Cameras have a Max MP size and most likely offer other sizes images as well.  There is also  Portrait and Landscape orientations to consider.    If you crop images you finial image can be any size and have any aspect ratio.  My PlaceWatermak script is quite simple  to change to use your logo and place it into the bottom left corner of you images size for each image size to some percentage of the image height.  All you need to do is edit the first four var statement values in the script.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PlaceWatermark.jsx You can record using the script in an action and then batch the action.  The action could also add a layer style to the current layer after using the scrip it will be the placed logo laye that the layer style is added to.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a script to do that years ago. Only works on Windows, as it will take a whole folder and put a logo on based on various criteria. Here's a link to it: http://uebelephoto.com/download%20center/watermark.zip 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus

Your script is fine for my needs

rather it goes beyond what I expected

It seems that it could be enough

but my curiosity is that this is fine for one photo at a time

if I wanted to have a batch process

so I can process more photos at the same time.

sorry if I ask too much

and it's not right that I do it

so if it takes up too much time do not do anything.

thanks again for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can play with more than one image at once. When you remove /**/ characters from the code it will work even on subfolders. I mean it's going to copy a tree of all nested folders and make their duplication. That new tree with a main folder (old name with "logo") will be created next to original one. So the structure of (sub)folders and files they contain remain the same. Difference is that each image will be saved with logo. Anyway that multi folders option probably won't be useful for you. One level folder should be completetly sufficient.

function FSf(sF, dst, i) {

if (sF && !dst.length && !i) {

Folder(decodeURI(dst[0] = fld = sF.parent + '/' + (nme2 = (nme1 = decodeURI(sF.name)) + ' Logo'))).create()

}

for(sF = Folder(sF).getFiles(); i < sF.length; i++) {

if (sF instanceof Folder) {

dst.push(eval((r1 = 'decodeURI(sF') + r2 =').replace(RegExp(nme1), nme2)'))

/*if (i) fld = dst[0]; Folder(File(fld += '/' + sF.name)).create(), FSf(sF, dst, 0)*/

}

if (/\.(jpg|psd)$/i.test(sF.name)) {

displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO, preferences.rulerUnits = Units.PIXELS, open(sF)

aD.selection.select([[(f = h / d), f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - 1)], [f, f * (d - 1)]])

function loop(v1, v2) {for(j = v1; j < v2; j++) v1+= hst; return v1}

open(File('~/desktop/watemark/logo_' + (blk >= wht ? 'white' : 'black') + '.png')),

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(s / 7.5), (sel = log.selection).selectAll(),sel.copy()

log.close(dnsc = SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste(), (jpg = new JPEGSaveOptions())

.quality = 12, aD.saveAs(File(fld.match(eval(r1 + '.path' + r2)) + '/' + sF.name), jpg), aD.close(dnsc)

}

}

}

FSf(Folder.selectDialog('Please select top level folder'), [], 0)

EDIT: this is a version letting you decide where you want to put your logo (corners, sides, or in center) / just edit pos(obj.bL):

if (sF && !dst.length && !i) {

Folder(decodeURI(dst[0] = fld = sF.parent + '/' + (nme2 = (nme1 = decodeURI(sF.name)) + ' Logo'))).create()

}

for(sF = Folder(sF).getFiles(); i < sF.length; i++) {

/*if (i) fld = dst[0]; Folder(File(fld += '/' + sF.name)).create(), FSf(sF, dst, 0)*/

}

displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO, preferences.rulerUnits = Units.PIXELS, open(sF)

s = (h = (aD = activeDocument).height) > (w = aD.width) ? 0 : .75

obj = {

tL: [1.5 - s, 1], tC: [7, 1], tR: [12.5 + s, 1], mL: [1.5 - s, 7], mC: [7, 7],

mR: [12.5 + s, 7], bL: [1.5 - s, 13], bC: [7, 13], bR: [12.5 + s, 13]

}

function pos(v) {

w1 = v[0], w2 = w1 + 1, h1 = v[1], h2 = h1 + 1, aD.selection.select

([[w * w1, h * h1], [w * w2, h * h1], [w * w2, h * h2], [w * w1, h * h2]])

}

function wh(v) {return v / 15} w = wh(w), h = wh(h), pos(obj.bL)

open(File('~/desktop/watemark/logo_' + (blk >= wht ? 'white' : 'black') + '.png')),

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(null, null, aD.resolution), (sel = log.selection).selectAll()

sel.copy(), log.close(dnsc = SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste(), (jpg = new JPEGSaveOptions())

.quality = 12, aD.saveAs(File(fld.match(eval(r1 + '.path' + r2)) + '/' + sF.name), jpg), aD.close(dnsc)

}

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script hangs at the first image

and it does not go on

as if it does not save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. I tested it only with at least one subfolder (even when subfolders option in script was disabled).

Anyway change this part of code:

}

to:

if (r1 = 'decodeURI(sF', r2 =').replace(RegExp(nme1), nme2)', sF instanceof Folder) {

dst.push(eval(r1 + r2))/*; if (i) fld = dst[0]; Folder(File(fld += '/' + sF.name)).create(), FSf(sF, dst, 0 )*/

}

so that should work now.

PS. when you create subfolders avoid 'Logo' and name of main folder in their names as well as special characters like: +, (, ) etc or others like spaces (I'm not sure I did something with it), as I didn't go so deep with this script to prevent all possible circumstances there can happen. Maybe later I fix it as it's not so hard.

To put logo in other palce of document use one of nine positions you find in object:

obj = { 

There are shortened names: t = top, m = middle, b = bottom, L = Left, C = Center, R = Right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the batch works well

but the logo does not fit all image sizes

sometimes it is bigger and others smaller

instead with the first script you posted

it was fine and kept the size

1. preferences.rulerUnits = Units.PIXELS 
  3. d = 20, m = 3, (h = (aD = activeDocument).height) > (w = aD.width) ? s = w : (s = h, d /= 2, m /= 1.5
  4. aD.selection.select([[(f = h / d), f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - m)], [m * f, f * (d - 1)], [f, f * (d - 1)]]) 
  6. function loop(v1, v2) {for(i = v1; i < v2; i++) v1+= hst; return v1} 
  7. blk = loop(0, l2 = (l1 = (hst = aD.histogram).length) / 2), wht = loop(l2, l1) 
  9. open(File('~/desktop/watemark/logo_' + (blk > wht ? 'white' : 'black') + '.png')), 
  10. (log = activeDocument).resizeImage(s / 7.5), (sel = log.selection).selectAll(), sel.copy() 
  11. log.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste() 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change:

s = (h = (aD = activeDocument).height) > (w = aD.width) ? 0 : .75

to:

s = .75, hw = (h = (aD = activeDocument).height); if (h > (w = aD.width)) s = 0, hw = w

and:

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(null, null, aD.resolution), (sel = log.selection).selectAll()

sel.copy(), log.close(dnsc = SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste(), (jpg = new JPEGSaveOptions())

for:

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(hw / 7.5), (sel = log.selection).selectAll(), sel.copy()

log.close(dnsc = SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste(), (jpg = new JPEGSaveOptions())

You can try this loop over obj on some opened document. You'll see what colour your logo will have in each of 9 positions:

displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO, preferences.rulerUnits = Units.PIXELS

s = .75, hw = (h = (aD = activeDocument).height); if (h > (w = aD.width)) s = 0, hw = w

obj = {

}

function pos(v) {

}

function wh(v) {return v / 15} w = wh(w), h = wh(h)

for(i in obj) {

function loop(v1, v2) {for(j = v1; j < v2; j++) v1+= hst; return v1} pos(obj)

(log = activeDocument).resizeImage(hw / 7.5), (sel = log.selection).selectAll(), sel.copy()

log.close(dnsc = SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES), aD.paste(), aD.selection.deselect()

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus

A big job, thank you very much

Last question

if the watemar folder I would like to keep it in the same folder as the script

and not on the desktop what should be changed

I tried to make this change but it does not work

open (File ('~ / watemark / logo_' + (blk> = wht? 'white': 'black') + '.png')),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open(File(File($.fileName).path + '/logo_' + (blk >= wht ? 'white' : 'black') + '.png')),

Fortunately you don't need it, but don't enable subfolders option. It doesn't work like it should. Like before I said, I'll fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if (sF && !dst.length) {

Folder(dst[0] = sF.parent + '/' + (nme2 = (nme1 = decodeURI(sF.name)) + ' Logo')).create()

}

function gF(v) {return Folder(sF).getFiles(RegExp(v + '[^\.]+$'))}

for(sF = gF('^').concat(gF('\\.')); i < sF.length; i++) {

if (r1 = 'decodeURI(sF', r2 =').replace(RegExp(nme1), nme2)', sF instanceof Folder) {

dst.push(eval(r1 + r2)); Folder(File(dst[dst.length - 1])).create(), FSf(sF, dst, 0)

}

obj = {

}

function pos(v) {

}

function wh(v) {return v / 15} w = wh(w), h = wh(h), pos(obj.bL)

open(File(File($.fileName).path + '/logo_' + (blk >= wht ? 'white' : 'black') + '.png')),

.quality = 12, aD.saveAs(File(dst[dst.length - 1].match(eval(r1 + '.path' + r2)

.replace(/([\$\+\(\[\^])/g, '\\$1')) + '/' + sF.name), jpg), aD.close(dnsc)

}

}

}

#target photoshop

function SYS(v) {return File(Folder.desktop + '/sys.' + v)} sys = SYS('txt'), bat = SYS('bat')

if (Folder(prst = (strt = Folder.startup) + '/presets').getFiles('watermark').length) {

bat.remove(), FSf(Folder.selectDialog('Please select top level folder'), [], 0)

}

else {

File(prst + '/watermark').createAlias(fN = File($.fileName))

sys.open('w'), sys.write('ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 > nul\r\start "' +

strt.fsName + '\\photoshop.exe" '  + '"' + fN.fsName + '"\r\exit')

sys.close(), File('~/Desktop/sys.txt').rename('sys.bat')

File(String(sys).replace(/txt/, 'bat')).execute(), photoshop.quit()

}

Now you can use subfolders with special characters in folders names, their names can be repeated and contain name of main folder as well as logo name. I added also special part. After first time you open your script it quits Ps, then lauch it again, and meantime it set shortcut in your Photoshop folder, so it can link to folder where you keep your script. Every next time you open Photoshop your script will be on the list of available scripts.

For those who want to use this script. Create 2 logo's. For example white and black and name them: logo_white.png and logo_black.png, then put in watermark folder together with script. If something doesn't work let me know.

Btw this forums has the worse editor I ever met 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus

I use mac and I'm having problems

it does not work

maybe and suitable for windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It uses Windows batch, as I'm user of this system. If you're not that new convinience won't work for you, replace then:

if (Folder(prst = (strt = Folder.startup) + '/presets').getFiles('watermark').length) {

with:

if (!/w/.test($.os) || Folder(prst = (strt = Folder.startup) + '/presets').getFiles('watermark').length) {

(if 'w' letter in RegEx code isn't sufficient, type whole 'windows' word)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to make the change but it does not work

if someone on the forum can make it compatible with mac

I think it's useful for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean saying 'it does not work'? That the script work the way like it used (so doesn't quit after executing script to be launched again?) or something else? I hope there is not any error and rest of script works. That change I made was to disable option for linking script from Photoshop Folder in case of mac users. Otherwise you had error like you experienced before. So generally script works for you now (but without that additional action I added last time) or it breaks again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion the error lies in the fact that mac does not use .bat files

then an error comes out on this and it does not keep me going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's why I posted a change to last full version of code:

if (!/w/.test($.os) || Folder(prst = (strt = Folder.startup) + '/presets').getFiles('watermark').length) {

Just if there is 'w' letter in name of mac system you may replace (!/w/.test($.os) with (!/Windows/.test($.os) (starting with with (big) 'W', not (small) 'w' like I wrote previously. I'm still not sure code with that change worked for you or not, but maybe you misunderstood me in last post, so let's investigate the problem.

/w/.test($.os) checks are you Windows user, while invertion, so !/w/.test($.os) checks aren't you Windows user, so in this case almost the same like 'Are you mac User'.

WINDOWS USER:

(at the first use of script:)

1) in the first part of 'if' statement script asks 'Are you Macintosh User?', the result is FALSE

2) in the second part of 'if' setatement script asks 'Is "watermark' link present in Ps folder?', the result is FALSE

3) it starts 'else' statement, where it runs .bat file, which run script again

(as continuation or at the every next use of script:)

4) (AGAIN) in the first part of 'if' statement scripts asks 'Are you Macintosh User?', the result is FALSE

5) (AGAIN) in the second part of 'if' setatement script asks 'Is "watermark' (...) in Ps folder?', the result is TRUE

6) here the main function of script starts...

MACINTOSH USER:

(at the first and every next use of script:)

1) in the first part of 'if' statement script asks 'Are you Macintosh User?', the result is TRUE

2) it doesn't check answer for second question of 'if' statement, so the more, it never goes to 'else' part

3) here the main function of script starts...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't understand why it doesn't work for you. As you see there is no chance that .bat is executed in your case as it is 'else' part content, and that is not allowed to be ever performed in mac case. What error are you getting, and in which  line?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to get to know reason of this behaviour, if whole script (with that new part) doesn't work indeed.

Anyway the simplest way to make it working is changing:

#target photoshop 

function SYS(v) {return File(Folder.desktop + '/sys.' + v)} sys = SYS('txt'), bat = SYS('bat') 

bat.remove(), FSf(Folder.selectDialog('Please select top level folder'), [], 0) 

else { 

File(prst + '/watermark').createAlias(fN = File($.fileName)) 

sys.open('w'), sys.write('ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 > nul\r\start "' + 

strt.fsName + '\\photoshop.exe" '  + '"' + fN.fsName + '"\r\exit') 

sys.close(), File('~/Desktop/sys.txt').rename('sys.bat') 

File(String(sys).replace(/txt/, 'bat')).execute(), photoshop.quit() 

}

to:

#target photoshop 

But still, if someone else from mac users want to try this script in original shape (so without creating shortcut to a script) and you say there's error then that would be good to see why it happens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the mistake that comes out of me

aaa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the full script you users function FSf seems to start on line 1 of the script posted here.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines