• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrange, re-order Library swatches?

Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would this be a difficult thing to do?

Shouldn't it be as easy as drag and drop?

Why isn't it?

Does anyone know how this is achieved?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

That wasn't available in earlier versions. The new version also supports making your own groups in your Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to reorder swatches in my Libraries by dragging and dropping in Photoshop version 20.0.0 on Windows 10. Which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.1.6 on Win10 Enterprise.

Were you able to do that with previous versions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn't available in earlier versions. The new version also supports making your own groups in your Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, leave it to Adobe to consider adding what should have been available in their program ages ago, as an upgrade... naturally this means I get to deal with opening the can of worms that usually accompanies the experience of updating their products, namely:

Exit Code: 190

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Sanity check for installation failed. Current OS version 10.0.14393 doesn't satisfy OS requirements.

FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 190 error message

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd rather simply get some work done. Sanity check, indeed.

Thanks for taking a crack at this, happy holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! You'll need to upgrade your OS to Windows 10 1709 or later for the October 2018 (20.0) release -  Photoshop system requirements

In the meantime, here's a workaround. In the Libraries flyout menu in the upper right, you can set it to Sort by Name. Add a number to the beginning of the name of each asset in the order you want them to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac OS Monterey 

Like many others I can't seem to re-order a list of named client colours in a CC Library group but now, using your workaround, it's worked a treat so thanks for that, Myra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's not working.

I'm using Photoshop CC 20.0.6

on mac OS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either. Photoshop 21.0.1 on Mac OS 10.15.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the update, it's working for me. 

so weird! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a drag and drop reorder feature for libraries yet? My swatches are all trapped in a weird order and I can't reorder them without renaming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines