• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Tool Auto Selection

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Move tool, Pen tool, etc. the Artboard tool automatically becomes selected for reasons beyond my comprehension—meaning I didn't initiate the selection of the tool.

How can one disable this feature and why does it even exist other than to infuriate people?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not reproduce the problem on Windows, however, I have a suggestion by guess: turn on Use Shift Key for Tool Switch in Preferences > Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan, and yes I'm on a mac.

I read this fix in a thread before posting here, yet it doesn't solve the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting the Tools

and if that doesn't help try resetting Photoshop preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Artboard Tool is automatically selected when you select an artboard with an on-canvas click gesture (auto-select). The Move Tool is automatically selected when you select something else.

This is the designed behavior. There is no option or preference to disable it.

Is there a specific sequence of gestures that put you into the Artboard Tool when you we not expecting it? We can review that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines