• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

As of today, zoom tool not displaying selected area

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting this morning, whenever I zoom in, I see less than the area I selected (dragged a marquee around) and have to zoom back out. Definitely a first world problem, but I know the severity of my pain will increase with each hour I have to put up with this.

Anyone else? Solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

CORRECT ANSWER: Right-click (or control-click) the arrow next to the zoom tool in the Options Bar and choose Reset Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what a selection has to do with zoom.  The more you zoom less of you image will be displayed on screen but what is displayed will be larger. When you zoom way in you need to pan to areas you want to work on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When you zoom way in you need to pan to areas you want to work on."

That has NEVER been the case before and I've been using Photoshop for 20 years. That is, all of a sudden, what I am forced to do now every time I zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not use scrubby zoom - it's so much more efficient than dragging the zoom tool. I don't know why it would zoom in more than you selected. Is it only inside of a tool or always?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use scrubby zoom if I haven't always hated it -- whenever I'm using a new copy of Photoshop or a new installation, it's one of the first things I turn off. I can't imagine why you think it's more efficient -- I'm glad somebody likes it. 

To answer your question (I just double-checked) it is both -- whether I'm actually using the Zoom tool or using (99.99% of the time) Command + spacebar. Now, I always have to do it with two steps:

1. Command spacebar to marquee the area I want (which fails)

2. Command + Opt + Spacebar click to zoom back out until I see what I actually marqueed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update/More Good News: Whenever I Command+Opt+Spacebar click to zoom out, it won't center on the point I clicked anymore!

I just checked and the same thing with clicking to zoom in ... it no longer centers on where I clicked!

What freaking happened? I woke up a couple days ago and Photoshop just decided to start sucking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CORRECT ANSWER: Right-click (or control-click) the arrow next to the zoom tool in the Options Bar and choose Reset Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines