• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ATI Catalyst 12.8 and Photoshop

LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been enjoying nearly flawless performance from the Catalyst 12.6 driver set for my Radeon HD 5670 on Windows 7 x64, but as I always need to test new driver releases for my own products, I'm about to download Catalyst 12.8, released on August 15th, and see how it works with Photoshop CS6 et. al.

The drivers are here (for Windows 7 x64):  http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

The release notes are here:  http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion128ReleaseNotes.aspx

I'll report back when I've got the drivers in and have done some initial tests. 

I invite and encourage you to post your experiences with Catalyst 12.8 here as well.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Catalyst 12.8 driver would not load my monitor calibration files (*.icm), so I rolled back to 12.6 which works fine.  One thing I noticed is that uninstalling the 12.8 drivers (using the install manager) was very slow; it took 5 or 6 times longer than normal. 

-materialsguy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with ATI Catalyst 12.8 (HD7970) Liquify filter not work (error message) and 3D (black screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling the driver then reinstall 12.8.  There are problems with the installer. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No effect

rollback to 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mitrofun,

When you say Liquify does not work, what exactly does that mean? Do you see a black preview screen. Do you drop back to CPU mode?

What is the text in the error message?

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines