• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

auto align and auto blend layers greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using photoshop 2020. I want to do a focus stack. My 4 images are jpegs and dropped into photoshop from Finder. I select the layers but the options to align and blend are greyed out. According to the online guide i'm doing the right things, I think.???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

If you dropped them into Photoshop, they most likely were converted to smart object, which can't be aligned or blended. Rasterize the layers to normal pixel layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a layered document.  Try stacking your image use the script load file into a stack to stack you images into a stack of layers.

image.png 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll do this next time I have to make a file up. My problem started when I tried to load the 4 images directly from Lightroom (cloud version) into photoshop. There doesn't seem to be the command "open as layers in photoshop" which is (or at least was, I haven't checked) there in lightroom classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you dropped them into Photoshop, they most likely were converted to smart object, which can't be aligned or blended. Rasterize the layers to normal pixel layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck. That was indeed the problem. I actually used the command "convert to layers".

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines