• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Align Layers greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1:  I was in Lightroom and selected 9 images and right mouse clicked and selected [Edit in] and then [Open as layers in Photoshop].

Step 2: Photoshop opened and all images were located in the lower right of the screen.  I clicked the first image and then held down the Shift key, moved to the last image and clicked it - thus highlighting all images.

Step 3: I clicked [Edit] and went to [Auto-Align Layers].

Problem:  [Auto-Align Layers] was greyed out. I have done this in Photoshop before and now [Auto-Align Layers] is greyed out.  WHY?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Hi

This is a known issue with opening image from Lightroom, workaround is to open Photoshop first

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

douglasf32011631  wrote

Problem:  [Auto-Align Layers] was greyed out. I have done this in Photoshop before and now [Auto-Align Layers] is greyed out.  WHY?

I tried to duplicate this and failed.

I put the bit depth up to 32 bit.

I locked one of the layers.

I included a vector layer.

I included a layer that was turned off.

In every case, I was still able to select Auto Align or Auto Blend.

Can you upload a screen shot of your workspace?  Just paste it  from the clipboard. Show the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoShop problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything wrong with your screen shot, other than it is a quite a big document

From its pixel size and zoom ratio, it is a bit over 6000 pixels wide, and judging by the layers panel scroll bar, has about 20 layers.

Are you trying to align 20 odd layers of about that size?

I've  tried to duplicate this, and I can still auto align

I am wondering  if  the layers  being named as Nikon RAW files is significant?  What is hiding  behind your Edit menu drop down?

Tell us a bit about the layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a known issue with opening image from Lightroom, workaround is to open Photoshop first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - opening PS before transfering from Lr did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, I do this for a living, you just cut my hourly wage in half.  I am building photo stacks of 25 or more layers, now you want me to open each one in Photoshop first?  What’s next, I have to wear a blue shirt for the software to work?

You can’t do upgrades that make us less efficient. That has to be the opening line in software management 101.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you misunderstand. You just need to have Photoshop open first, before opening Lightroom. Then everything works as you're used to.

Or disable the home screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I ended up downloading Zerene Stacker, Ps was making mush of the stack once I got it in anyway. So far the third party program is much more forgiving, and I’m on deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried opening photoshop first but that did not help. I have current versions of Photoshop 22.5.0 and Lightroom 4.4. I can select a single image in Lightroom, right click and then can select edit in Photoshop, but if more than one image is selected in lightroom, when I attempt to open in photoshop that option is greyed out. If I successfully import files as layers, and want to autoalign in Photoshop, autoalign is grayed out. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in Windows.  Opening images from Lightroom as layers most of the menu items in Photoshop are greyed out.  If you open the same images directley from Photoshop everything works normally.  It seems like this is an integration issue with Lightroom and Photoshop.  This only started happening with the last software update.  Interestingly this same issue does not happen on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ged says, known issue.

A bug fix is in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this bug not been fixed yet? It's been two years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines