• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto run an Action?

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to automatically run an action when an image is opened? That is, I want an action to be automatically executed when I open an image or when an image is opned in Photoshop by another application. I have searched all over for details on either how to do this or if it can be done, but found nothing, including nothing about whether or not it can be done.

I work on a Mac but I suspect that makes no difference as Adobe has been pretty good at making the app work identically on both the Mac and Windows.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Have you tried the Script Events Manager?

> File > Scripts > Script Events Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Script Events Manager?

> File > Scripts > Script Events Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside a custom startup script running automatically run with every start of PS or other control mechanism, i.e. system level automation by ways of Automator/ Apple Script this isn't really possible. You could of course change the default file association to include a command line parameter for batch processing, which can reference a specific action by name, though the caveat is of course that it will affect each and every image file on your system that's associated with PS, not just the ones you may want to treat this way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly through Photoshop, no. However, depending on your knowledge level, you could write a script or possibly use third-party software to perform such a function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script Events Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Thank you. That worked. 

As often seems the case, the solution is not hard if you know where to start. The trick is knowing enough about the app to know where to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines