• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

auto update add noise filter with canvas size.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do this:

- Creating a gradient layer, and above of it, add noise, like this:

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

the problem is: if I increase the canvas size, the gradient layer updates, and fill the canvas, but the noise filter not:

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

 Any idea on how to solve this, and make the "add noise" filter auto-update with the canvas?

TOPICS
Experiment , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

@Vick77 – Filters don't work that way. You can use adjustment layer-based noise using the Apodaca action in my Smart Noise action set, which does do what you want (perhaps change the opacity to a higher value such as 50% as the action was intended for subtle minor noise in high resolution retouching for printing):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rmz0b6c7a40h7y/Smart%20Noise%20CS3.atn?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Vick77 – Filters don't work that way. You can use adjustment layer-based noise using the Apodaca action in my Smart Noise action set, which does do what you want (perhaps change the opacity to a higher value such as 50% as the action was intended for subtle minor noise in high resolution retouching for printing):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rmz0b6c7a40h7y/Smart%20Noise%20CS3.atn?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines