Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automatically Fill-in or paint a certain part of an image

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

00010000.jpg

Hi all, i have no experiance with photoshop other then simple inage re-sizing. A friend of mine told me that photoshop could automate some tasks, so i was hoping the community could help me out with suggestions on how to, paint the botton part of this image black.(the clear see thru part, preserving the white holes and film) the reason i need this is because the software i use to seperate the film from the strips expects a black sprocket hole leader not a clear one, so it can't detect the holes.

Thank you for your time.

David.

P.s Appoligies for the type of film, its the only master film i have with a clear/see thru sprocket header.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Hi. What you seek is absolutely available in Photoshop, but takes a little knowledge. To specify where in an image a change is to happen, we have to make a selection of that area. Please review the content on https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/selection-tools-basics.html - to help you to do that (take a look at the Magic Wand tool). Then, to fill it with a color, please look at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/add-color-fill-layers.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. What you seek is absolutely available in Photoshop, but takes a little knowledge. To specify where in an image a change is to happen, we have to make a selection of that area. Please review the content on https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/selection-tools-basics.html - to help you to do that (take a look at the Magic Wand tool). Then, to fill it with a color, please look at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/add-color-fill-layers.html 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I've managed to use the quick selection tool to
select the whole sprocket area, then a subtract with the tool the holes.
Then I adjusted the selection hue to change the colour black.
Works perfect. But when I record that as an action and add it to a script.
Some it misses some of the holes, about 5% of the time. Automation is not
easy lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my grammar and spelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah - selections and automation are very rarely compatible. Since there's SO much variety in making selections, Adobe never seems to have bothered to try to give it any power in scripts, or actions... no matter what, it's going to want to ask what you want...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines