• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically Resetting Preferences on Quit

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I once made the mistake to click on "reset preferences on quit" and since then Photoshop is resetting my preferences on quit every single time. I'm tired of moving my tool box back to where I like it to be, turning on the rulers or simply changing my preferred units for rules every.single.time.

I've Googled it multiple times now with different keywords. It seems like people talk about how to reset preferences on quit but I couldn't find any single soul who has talked about NOT to reset preferences on quit. Please help.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound right, AFAIK it's a one time reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any custom workspaces?  If not, then it would be helpful to organise the panels to where you like them, and save it as a custom workspace.   

There used to be an occasional permissions issue with MAC OS and Photoshop.  Check this link to see if changes are being saved for you.

I have found a thread in which several people are reporting a similar problem, but the last post is from our Dag who suggested it is a permissions issue, same as I did, so the first link I gave you might hold the answer.  Please let us know how you get on.  You could help a bunch of people going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor! Thanks for the response! I am actually not sure if it's correct to call "preferences" as in custom workspaces. Even "Show transform controls" is unchecked each time Photoshop restarts. Is this or rulers, units for rulers, etc. related to workplaces? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you looked at the Permissions link?  This is the most likely culprit.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines