• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation plugin: Quick export layer as PNG?

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an c++ automation plugin to export meta data from layers to a file, but I would also like to export some layer groups to PNG,

I see the option "Quick export as PNG" when right clicking on a layer, unfortunately I am not able to capture it using the Listener demo.

The plugin right now does:

• Iterate layers
  • Export metadata (text, bounds, name, ...)
  • Quick export current layer as PNG (missing this)

I know how to export a png using sPSActionControl and eventSave, but that exports the whole document. I would only like to export the selected layer.

I would like to avoid this other solution Export portion of an Image using Lyr "Bounds" since execution seems the be slow.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Quick export as PNG" uses Connection SDK which is wrapped into Kevlar API which is wrapped into generator-core which has plugin generate assets and this plugin communicates with Chromium if this is export assets instead of quick export.

This means that quick exports generator plugin sends request generator core which executes extend script and creates request for certain layers bitmap and this is sent via TCP protocol to generator core (maybe encrypted and on generator core side this is decrypted) and then it goes to generator plugin node.js process on localhost...

I would try to record "run menu item" action instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines