• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

background remover

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the best way 2 remove backgrounds with hair details in batch?

all people have same background. we use a green screen software tool now but is it possible with photoshop or a plugin? i see remove.bg website with ai removal and looks very good but its expensive monthly fee

can anyone suggest something

thanks in advance

kind regards,

Ronald T

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus Are you recommending EZ Green Screen--that is, you have used it and like it--or is it just a product you know of?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I helped the author to adapt Windows scripts to Macintosh, and it's Photoshop plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have and high resolution examples where Green and Blue spill is a major issue.  The link you posted claim  green and blue spill is easy to deal with with their product. But  they only show one very small  example example on an image their software may have worked well.    I would need to see several larger image with bad spill and their software extracted the subject  well before I even try the software. 

image.png

What they show does not convince me.  I'm Thomas I would like to see real world examples not have to try their software to see if the their claims are truthful. Extracted  white hair my granddaughter blond hair etc

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say is it good. Original poster can make his own investigation. If you want to see it in action without trying it there is Pixnub Youtube channel where author shows how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I see it removes the chroma key color and the hair color leaving ghosted hair.

image.png

Green and Blue is not good colors for still images they are good for video and Hardware/Firmware 30 FPS color removal.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if it changed later but the version on your screen is from 5 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what is on youtube. I'm not going to install a trials after seeing that.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always write to author 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have to even if EZ Green Screen can do a great job when you manually work on an image with EZ Green Screen  color spill tools.  It will not do a great job in Batch mode if the Chroma Key Color is Green  or Blue.  If dealing with color spill can be automated EZ Green Screen would not have special sill tools with sliders to deal with color spill that process would have been automated.   

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what is acceptable result for someone who is going to use it with batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no best way to batch that.  Also Green is not a good chroma key color to use  for  background removal in still images,  Green and Blue are the Chroma key colors usually used for video at 30 FPS you will not see the chroma key spill.  For still image  a neutral color is a better and the background  needs to be evenly and well lit.  Green and Blue color spill is hard to deal with. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack Thank you for saying so, JJ. This is an important distinction I've had to explain in photo shoots! We don't want glowing green halo edges!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your photographer is an idiot, maybe. I'm a working pro and anyone competent knows how to move the subject away from a green screen background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use photokey pro software and its pretty good in batch also it can add backgrounds at the same time

but its not as good when you dont have a green screen the website remove.bg is much better as it uses ai to select the subject, photoshop also is pretty good at selecting and fine selection maybe its the best but we cant use batch with it.

Many photographer use tools to batch and remove the backgrounds but how? who can help me figuring out the best sollution? cant see them removing each by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automate the process and then use for ex. Select and Mask to correct only those they need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but its 2 many becuase lots of people have different hairs when you try remove.bg it looks almost perfect

also some android apps seems better but monthly fee.

or am i missing something?

i could attach some pictures so you could have a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect result is reserved for those who have to pay for it, I would say it's normal in business.

Either you pay or you correct the imperfect effect by hand work. But yes, post the examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics I have helped plenty of people who are working on becoming “professional” photographers. It’s amazing how they read something online from another “professional” and proceed without all the knowledge at hand, only to find out later they didn’t take into consideration the end user’s desired result. I wouldn’t call that person an “idiot” but maybe someone who learned something the hard way.

Here, the OP is asking about hair. Hair masking in Photoshop, especially in batch processing, is difficult which is evident by how often we discuss it. Most professionals I know, and I’ve worked with the top ones, would agree that for still shoots shot against a greenscreen, in order to get professional results with a majority of hair types, no matter the distance or lighting setup, there is going to be some painstaking manual steps involved in post to remove that green background spill around the hair. Shooting against a neutral color is far easier and with stills there is no need to use green in the first place. If you want green for something else, change the neutral background color to green!

And then you have a model show up in a green jacket, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White is the easiest generally, although then you have a subject with wispy ash blond hair.

But yeah if you put yourself out there as a professional, you need to know how to avoid common problems. There are lots of "mom with camera" and "I bought a fancy camera, I'm a pro now" types who don't have a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"wispy ash blond hair" is common problem, mine too, and users low quality photos as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have hair?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have long hair, very long blond hair, and that's true 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

so im experimenting some things and see that a white background works best.

Only our software bought cant remove this within batch.

Anyone can help me getting the best result 2 remove a white background in batch?

anyone else tried some software or products? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines