• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner tutorials

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started learning how to use Photoshop. So I have been going through the built in tutorails. I get to "Get to know selections". The one with the fruit. I get to stage 2 of 4. Where you draw around the fruit and use the eye dropper tool, then use EDIT and FILL. After this, it won't let me click next to move onto the next step. Is this a bug, or am I missing something here?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Yes. That's a bug and it should be fixed in the latest Photoshop update, 22.2. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you in PS 22.2.

My apologies,

Randy Nielsen

Senior Manager, Content Operations

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it is the tutorial that you are having an issue with rather than Photoshop.  Can you give us thhe link to that tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no link, as it is a built in tutorial within Photoshop. It gives you instructions highlighted in blue, on what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After this, it won't let me click next to move onto the next step. Is this a bug"

Those tutorials don't let you go to the next step unless you have completed the current step as it expects you to. Can you show a screen shot of your screen and include what the tutorial has told you to do? We should be able to spot the issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are 7 screen shots, showing the steps I have taken. On the last screen shot, you can see that I cannot proceed any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a very good tutorial. You need to deselect - you still have the marching ants? cnt / cmd +d to deselect or go to the select dropdown menu and choose deselect. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I deselcted the marching ants, and it's still the same unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a bug. I get to the same step:

bug.jpg

It's acting like I'm still in the Fill dialog, even though I completed that step. Can't click Next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this. I thought it may have been something, I had done wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's a bug and it should be fixed in the latest Photoshop update, 22.2. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you in PS 22.2.

My apologies,

Randy Nielsen

Senior Manager, Content Operations

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say that in November I started learning Photoshop and had the same problem. I was told to use the online tutorials instead. So, apparently, the issue still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lillian21793234x9fn ,

Apparently, the bug they fixed wasn't this one. My apologies. If you are having problems with the Edit>Fill step, it is likely because previous Fill dialog box settings have persisted. Please try again and ensure that, in addition to selecting Foreground Color, you also select Mode=Normal and Opacity=100%.

Please let me know how it goes.

Randy Nielsen

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to PS and trying to learn from the tutorials is difficult with many of them not letting me go the the NEXT step or in some cases it appears the directions are inaccurate. I'm using PS 2022 on a MacBook Pro running 12.1. 
As an example in Layers tutorials there is one with a deer and changingb

antlers into a tree branch. Doesn't allow me to proceed. The Double Exposure one doesn't work at all. There are several others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows. I was able to go through the tutorial with the deer just fine but I had some trouble with the double-exposure tutorial like you had. I was able to kickstart it by clicking the visibility of the "Beach" layer. Try doing something small (like clicking the visibility of a layer if something is amiss).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try. Thanks v

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop is up to date and I can't click the "Next" button in either a Beginner or Intermediate tutorial (I switched from Intermediate to Beginner, thinking I didn't know what I was doing and that was the problem).

Therefore, I am giving up on using Adobe tutorials for now. A pain in the *ss since it looks like it would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muy util

iEddy creativo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,sory to bring this topic up again, but, I can't find the built in tutorials,where can in access it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,sory to bring this topic up again, but, I can't find the built in tutorials,where can in access it?

By @AllmathsX

You have two options.  Turn on Rich Tool Tips in Preferences > Tools 

image.png

This will cause links to the videos etc. to pop up when you hover over tools.

image.png

This can become intensely annoying though, and interupt your workflow, so a better option IMO is to use Discover which you open by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner on the interface.

image.png

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Discover work offline? because I can't always work online . I remember back in the days photoshop 2015 had hands-on tutorials, those are what i'm really looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This isn't working for me either - if this is a bug and was 'fixed' - I'm afriad it wasn't as I started with the giraffe tutorial and that got stuck at the 'move symbol' bit and I couldn't continue. I then got so annoyed as it also wouldn't let me come out of it until I finished that...but I couldn't finish it as it was stuck...
I then went onto the Fruit tutorial and got to the eye dropper tool and this one has stuck too.. 
Not cool - I'm trying to learn in the evening after my full time job and this is very frustrating : ) 
I'm a total beginner and I feel put off or frustrated already! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines