• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

best way to convert full color RGB to only monochrome ( blues)?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of full-color RGB .psd files and need to make them all just blues...

I can easily convert to greyscale... or black& white...

but short of trying to select and isolate fuzzy ranges of color, ... how do I convert the entire image (all colors at once) to just blues ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Hello, You could also use the black and white adjustment layer, (layer>new adjusment layer>black and white, or the black and white circle at the bottom of the layers panel) so that you can adjust the tones to your liking (I often find the simple desaturate dull) then click the Tint tab, and selec the blue hue that you want. Everything you want in one layer. (and there's also blending modes, advanced blending options, opacity, masks, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desaturate thed add a blue Photo Filter adjustment layer is one way. Best is open to one's opnion.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Solid color fill layer in Color Blend mode.
  2. Hue/Saturation layer with "Colorize" checked.
  3. And my favorite - Gradient Map adjustment layer. This is not strictly monochrome, as the point is to set subtly different tones for shadows and highlights, but the end result usually has more "life" than a flat monochrome color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gradient Map FTW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, You could also use the black and white adjustment layer, (layer>new adjusment layer>black and white, or the black and white circle at the bottom of the layers panel) so that you can adjust the tones to your liking (I often find the simple desaturate dull) then click the Tint tab, and selec the blue hue that you want. Everything you want in one layer. (and there's also blending modes, advanced blending options, opacity, masks, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution would be to convert the layer to a smart object, and use Camera Raw as a filter, so that you have a wide array of tools to ajust the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines