Exit

Blending options

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

image.jpg

I want to know how ican keep the blended effects on the layer even when I remove the background layer. As it removes blending modes when you remove background layers and goes back to normal. I've posted photos as in the car when it has the hard light blend mode on it seems to brighten car with the white background. When you remove the background it removes the blend modes effect I want to know how I can keep the effect even after removing background.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, Ps.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think the Blendmode is being ignited by the white Layer beneath the car.

So you could Ctrl/Cmd click on the Layer Mask Icon. Then use that selection to create a new layer mask on the white Layer.

So you keep the vibrancy of the blendmode and remove the background at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard light  combines the Multiply and Screen Blending Modes using the brightness values of the blend layer to make its calculations.

You could try to work on Brightness +Vibrance

Also you can merge car layer with background with alt key pressed so you will keep the effect and get rid of the background and by the way keep the 2 original layers for non destrictive work…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines