• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Screen errors in any Photoshop version

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me with this? I'm having a hard time doing my job and school works at the same time cause of this problem. Blue screen keeps on appearing whenever I open Photoshop application only, other apps are all good! I already get my laptop checked, they format it back and installed another SSD. until months after that, blue screen came back again and made me upgrade to 8GB RAM. and now that I have 12GB RAM and with upgraded SSD, I still get this blue screen error with a stop code "Thread stuck in device driver" whwnever I open Photoshop. I don't think it is the installers fault because I installed it on my licensed account and I think my drivers are all updated as well as my windows. Also, a dialog box appears on my Photoshop lately (see attached file) Please help me. I don't want to spend some $$$ again for another repair. Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Blue screen errors are usually caused by buggy drivers, the error you see in Photoshop is related to your GPU driver.

What kind of GPU do you have in your system, sometimes Laptops come with dual GPU's, an onboard GPU and a dedicated one.

Can you post your Photoshop system info, in Photoshop go to Help > System Info, hit the copy button and paste the entire thing into this thread.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-a-thread-stuck-in-device-driver-bsod-in-windows-10/

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you so much for this.
I already checked my drivers and it seems like my display adapters wasn't updated.
Everything works fine now after updating it. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines