• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boycott Creative Cloud?

Advocate ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't heard, CS6 is the last CS version. From now on, you have to rent your applications via the Creative Cloud. I don't like the new subscription model. I have bought every CS upgrade since version 1, but it looks like CS6 is the end for me, even if it means keeping an old computer around just to run CS6 applications.

Perhaps Adobe would change its mind in a few months if most everyone avoided signing up for the subscription. In any case, they've created a real opportunity for competitors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 417 Replies 417
New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel better now smart-aleck? Have a good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

caupwhiting13 wrote:

Feel better now…

Naturally you don't care, and neither do I.  I feel just fine.  You're the one experiencing difficulties, not I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it a rest.  You did the best you could.  That's nothing to be ashamed

of.  You get an A for effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…maybe as soon as I disabuse you of the notion that I am even in the slightest inclined to take orders or suggestions from you.  Really, I don't mind if you don't "give it a rest".  That's nothing to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the winner. I surrender. I've wasted enough of my time on this

forum. If there is one thing I have learned, is never to ask another

question on any of the Adobe forums. Most of my time was spent responding

to sarcastic comments from the likes of you, Noel, and some other character.

You have a nice day. I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad link… it's not that hard to learn how to embed a link correctly, but that's probably "clear as mud" to you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me.  Even my dog was able to do it.  You must be doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…pants on fire!

If you click on that link, you get an error.

That's because you typed "http://" twice.  Look at the link as you inserted it in your post #114.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a straight forward, unsarcastic, helpful bit of information.  Thanks.  Wish all of your posts relating to my original question would have been that helpful.  You have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not on board with this forced creative cloud Adobe move. I cant say much more or any better than anyone else has posted.

Shame on you Adobe. Im sure that my scalding review will make them change there stance.

Not they dont care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel is not the only one who thinks the CC is a good deal.  Not only will it save me money, but it will give me access to other Adobe apps I can hardly wait to get my hands on.  And that's without the added value like getting updates as they happen, without waiting to the next version to be released.  There are alternatives to Photoshop if you ar prepared to learn a new app.  Lightroom has the same RAW processing engine at a fraction of the cost.  A Lightroom fanatic buddy of mine is now swearing by Photo Ninja for his RAW processing.  He says it is noticably better thamt LR and ACR, but I have not tried it yet.

I wouldn't like to have to get my design apps piecemeal from different vendors, because of the huge advantage Dynamic Link gives you, and I am happy to pay $50/month for that convenience and power.   Adobe are not going to change their minds, so what's the point of the endless whinging?  Sighn up, stay with CS6, or look elsewhere.  It ain't rocket scince.

Hey!  I wonder if rocket scientists use Adobe products? Imagine how terrible it would be if they came to this forum making a fuss about CC, and you couldn't use the analogy from the last paragraph.  Wow, I've gone all a quiver worrying in case it happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

...A Lightroom fanatic buddy of mine is now swearing by Photo Ninja for his RAW processing.  He says it is noticably better thamt LR and ACR, but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks Dennis. Just checked out Photo Ninja and it looks impressive as a "professional-grade" RAW processor. Lot's of positive feedback. And it's only in version 1.0.5 so far, with 1.1 coming out soon. These guys put out Noise Ninja several years ago which was the premier noise reduction app in the day. They are very innovative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a person who disagress with you is whining? There are a whole bunch of us for whom CC is a giant rip off. We are artists or small business people on a shoestring budget. We don't care about access to a lot of Adobe apps. We use Photoshop. This insulting and imperious announcement from Adobe means our cost to use Photoshop will double or triple, or we will get stuck with outdated software. Adobe is simply raising the price, with nothing to justify the cost. I think Adobe has seriously underestimated how many of us there are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Yes, I also found the "whining" reference uncalled-for—and not just because the poster used British spelling there — but, then, I've come to expect that kind of condescension to emanate from the Southern Hemisphere in general. 

I'm fully behind you on this.  Well put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who agree with us, there is a petition to Adobe on Change.org you can sign:

http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-su...

Almost 27,000 signatures, including mine, to date!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, signing that petition is just an exercise in futility…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong attitude. Letting Adobe know just how pissed off you are cannot be called an exercise in futility. It's a protest. And trust me, Adobe knows that tens of thousands of upset users is NEVER good for business!

Keep screaming from the rooftops about your displeasure. And never say never!

BT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad,

You have no idea as to how the bloated, elephantine Adobe bureaucracy plods along.

They just don't care.  Period.

It's not just the customers who are disaffected.  Think about how the engineers feel at the prospect of the subscription model making layoffs of development engineers financially attractive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that. A steady, predictable income stream should make for a growing workforce.

I say "Should".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry, but what's the incentive to innovate now?  Just keep an adequate team of Quality and Maintenance engineers.  New development won't generate more sales.  The customers are already on board (hooked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big changes in business models, Ramon. Look at the shift for Intel. Haswell is the last processor Intel will support with a line of motherboards. From then on, only reference boards, not retail.

And that's just the PC side!

I can live with 20 bucks a month, easily. And if they sluff off, well, DxO is pretty damn good as it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The savings from laying off well paid engineers can be very, very tempting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Station_Two,

While you could be correct, I think that there are a couple of issues. Such decisions, as CC ONLY, come down from on-high. It is a decision that a Board sells to a CFO, or a CFO sells to a Board.

Within the organization, though probably not at high enough levels, there are many Adobe employees, who care greatly about their programs. I would anticipate that they might have different personal opinions, that the very upper management, but are powerless.

My wife is in upper-management of a healthcare corporation, but one step below the top. Often, there are policies and changes, that have to be sold to her. When they have been, or a decree has been issued, she then has to try to sell your 15,000 + employees on it. Often, there are aspects that she cannot fully share, so she has to work around those. It might be something like a Moody's rating, or something totally different. Still, that does not mean that she does not care about those policies (and fights in many board meetings for, or against), but often has to live with the decisions - and sell them. Unfortunately a fact of corporations.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_2 blunt_meanswell wrote:

Well, signing that petition is just an exercise in futility…

I disagree. If you are genuinely angry, why wouldn't you sign? I think it's important for Adobe to know how many people they are pissing off. You have nothing to lose by signing but a few seconds of your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines