• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush/Eraser cursor changes when using it

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinda have the same issue, which can be seen on this forum here: Re: Photoshop loading cursor when drawing lines? except not the loading icon. On the eraser tool or sometimes on the brush tool, the cursor switches to that hand icon or my mouse cursor until I finish drawing/erasing (until I lift my stylus back up). It then stops and goes back to using the regular cursor again. I don't know what's causing this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop too. I'm using a Mac as well on High Sierra 10.13 on an iMac Pro 3.2 ghz of ram, 32 GB of memory and Radeon Pro Vega 56 graphics card. Is there anyone else that has experienced this? Please and thank you for the responses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi etaneyhill,

Sorry that you're facing issues with Photoshop CC while using the brush tool as your cursor is getting changed to a different tool unexpectedly.

I'd suggest that you restore Photoshop preferences to default as mentioned in this article Preferences in Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't change the tool itself. It sometimes changes the cursor into the hand icon or sometimes the mouse. I haven't touched the preferences since I haven't set shortcuts or anything. I uninstalled photoshop and deleted all my preferences sometime ago and redownloaded it to see if that would fix it, but it happened again not too long after. I've never really experienced this problem before until the most recent photoshop update. Could they be linked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences and it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Have you turned off your Graphic processor for temporary and then reboot your photoshop and try to use the brush tool again ?

For Graphic Processor Go to Edit> Preferences > Performance and then turn off the graphic processor.

May be it will help you.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It even happened when I turned off the Graphic Processor momentarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  please turn it off for temporarily.  After that turn it on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried that and it still has not worked. Happens at 1:27 when the brush icon changes to that hand selection cursor. Is this natural? It's never happened to me before in photoshop ever. Please advise! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens at 1:27 when the brush icon changes to that hand selection cursor. Is this natural? It's never happened to me before in photoshop ever. Please advise! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines