• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush preset tool not saving?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be doing something wrong but i cant seem to find the answer. Im trying to save a brush as a new brush tool preset, only it wont show up in the tool presets. I click load tool presets, nothing there.....Really im just trying to save the brushes i like so they are more acessible than scrolling through the billions of options in the brushes library that you cant seem to filter....There has to be a better way to do this, cmon adobe. someone help! Thanks.
1.png2.png3.png
Yes theres a brush folder in my preset tools folder, saved it there and cant seem to remove it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tool Preset is different from Brush Preset.

You saved a Brush preset but you are searching about it in the tool preset. Search about brush you saved in the Brush panel or right click when you have the Brush tool selected.

You can also get you saved brushes from Window>Brush Presets.

--

Tool Presets saving the tool option from  your option bar to get it anytime not saving the brush you saved as brush preset from the Brush Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right i clicked on the wrong preset menu, but the result is still the same..the tool preset menu can be used with any tool including brushes as i understand it.1.png2.png

I click save, nothing appears in the tool preset. I go to load presets, and there are none saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the same problem.

When I try to save a tool preset for my clone stamp tool, it saves under brushes.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the preset tool not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have same problem with tool presets, wont save new ones and also I can import file with multiple brushes, mixer brushes and similar from the older version and it works but next time when I start Photoshop they are all gone like I never loaded tools. I am using 2020 new version on updated Windows 10 and have this problem just for tool presets, its saves brushes and it saves layout of the working area. 

What is interesting is that everytime I wanted to do something with the tools pop up message was thare that I should try and use them converted to brushes, I do not like that idea but until support from Adobe don't respond I guess I will have too. Thing is for years I used Brusherator and made all the tools and actions as small panel board they behave like shourtcuts, now they are useles and I have to spend good hour just to set up converted tools from brushes on new Brusherator. What a pain and unecessary frustration, do they want to get rid of tool presets, but what is important to them is that default tools are for croping and some selecting that I do not need and those cannot be removed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have same problem with tool presets, wont save new ones and also I can import file with multiple brushes, mixer brushes and similar from the older version and it works but next time when I start Photoshop they are all gone like I never loaded tools. I am using 2020 new version on updated Windows 10 and have this problem just for tool presets, its saves brushes and it saves layout of the working area. 

What is interesting is that everytime I wanted to do something with the tools pop up message was thare that I should try and use them converted to brushes, I do not like that idea but until support from Adobe don't respond I guess I will have too. Thing is for years I used Brusherator and made all the tools and actions as small panel board they behave like shourtcuts, now they are useles and I have to spend good hour just to set up converted tools from brushes on new Brusherator. What a pain and unecessary frustration, do they want to get rid of tool presets, but what is important to them is that default tools are for croping and some selecting that I do not need and those cannot be removed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines