• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush size/hardness shortcut will not work in CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly used command-option-drag to change the size and hardness of brushes, but now on CC it moves and duplicates my layer. Is there any way to change this back or is there a new shortcut besides using the brackets?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

I have found a workaround for this issue...

When working with the brush tools, enable Caps Lock... Then use the Ctrl + Opt + Drag method to resize your brushes and select hardness...

Doubt it will be fixed in El Capitan's/ CC 2015's lifetime though... if ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm still confused.  Right now when I do Control + Option and drag it changes Brush size and opacity but does not have hardness as an option. How do I switch out opacity for hardness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that tab workaround worked for me yesterday but not working today.

BUT.....todays' workaround is having the CAPS LOCK on. Works. For now.

Calvin-&-Hobbes-Events-Warrant.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right as rain!! For me it's totally 'Hyperdock' what is preventing the [brushsize+hardness ratio] from working. Had this problem since I switched from CS6 to CC but could still use the Wacom Intuos designated keys in a similar way.

In the Hyperdock preference pane, I tried switching off the program temporarily and it solved the problem totally. Further investigation indeed confirms that the ^ + ⌥ (ctrl + alt/option) is part of a shortcut string which closes the Hyperdock app. With other words Hyperdock hijacks the adobe function probably since it's operating on a lower process level than Ps and such.

Thank you all for the provided help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me happens often as well. The solution that works for me is to restart the Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently downloaded Adobe Photoshop CC on my new Macbook pro 2016 touchbar.

While changing the size of the brush, i generally hold option and control together and slide the stylus towards left or right on my Wacom intuos tablet. Now though, the responsiveness is very jittery and it does not always increase/ decrease the size. Also, after changing the size, the tool must go back to eraser or brush which it does not. I have to manually press "B" for brush tool every time after changing the size and continue working. If i do not press "B" and continue, it will simply increase the size of the brush and then move the artwork or do something random if at all.

This goes the same for the pen tool, Eraser tool and many more yet to explore.
Is there a way around this? I have just started using cc and it's my 3rd day. I will try to find solutions in preferences but until then, please help me with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar problem, but I'm using Windows. When I try the Ctrl + Alt + drag with my pen (wacom tablet) it as well just move and duplicates the layer. Can anybody help me with that? I couldn't find answer, only for mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched to windows and it's a nightmare. Try right clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it does work with a mouse if that's what you mean. Otherwise I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here it does work with mouse but it doesn't with the wacom tablet pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush size/hardness shortcut will not work in CCThe key combination for reducing the size of the brush in mac is Ctrl+alt+left mouse drag; try this it works for me well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll try, thanks. Still, it's so weird coz before the updates everything was working perfectly - Ctrl+alt+Pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this customisable for left handed ppl so it can be placed on the other side of the keyboard? TY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and it just started today after a system update. There are no other apps hijacking the shortcut, everything is correctly enabled in my preferences that I can see. Please if anyone has an answer, my workflow is suffering severely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem/ photoshop cc 2017 Mac OS Sierra / Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have noticed the same problem this morning! It's so annoying. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys! i have same problem too.
i have updated OSX and have updated Wacom driver... And it's not working now.
before updating the wacom driver, all worked, but now i can change my brush size only with mouse - CTRL+OPT+MOUSE DRAG
Same action with wacom pen is not working (

Someone, Help, Please ! ))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well guys, I sort of have a solution. It's not what I really want, but it's better than nothing. I had a screenshare with Adobe yesterday and determined that it is not a Photoshop problem, but a Wacom problem. So the new driver is causing this issue. It seems with the stylus it doesn't want to recognize pressing two keys at once as a valid option. You would think having their customer base consist of a large portion of Adobe professionals, Wacom would get this right. Sheesh.

In the meantime, go here: Drivers | Wacom and download the Previous Driver for Mac, not the most recent one. That should fix it until Wacom figures out their issues and releases a better, updated driver.

Good luck everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot buddy I'll do that as soon as I get home !

Have a great weekend !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 6.15.11 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"BRILLIANT!"

Thank you so much for this!
I just got myself a new Intuos Pro yesterday and the missing brush shortcut was driving me crazy.
Definitely a Wacom Driver issue.

I installed the previous driver as you suggested and "Viola!" I've got my brush shortcut back!

"Cheers!"
~Indi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!!! WACOM DRIVE ISSUE and WACOM HAS RELEASED NEW DRIVERS!!!

Ok so after experiencing the worst of the issues like most of you, WACOM released new drivers.  Download, update, and enjoy how it was MEANT to be used!

NEW DRIVERS HERE: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers​

macOS

Driver 6.3.35-2 (macOS 10.11 - 10.14)

6/20/2019

89.8 MB

DOWNLOAD

Windows

Driver 6.3.35-3 (Windows 7, 8, & 10)

6/20/2019

58.7 MB

DOWNLOAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bing Go!

My apology's to Adobe and my thanks to CinDroyd for finding the right answer.

It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much. It was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes the brush shortcut for me but this driver brings back a sticky cursor issue I get in photoshop only.  Anyone else have the sticky issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines