• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush size/hardness shortcut will not work in CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly used command-option-drag to change the size and hardness of brushes, but now on CC it moves and duplicates my layer. Is there any way to change this back or is there a new shortcut besides using the brackets?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, but not as bad as some of the stickiness I've had with previous drivers paired with Adobe updates. I think we need to bombard Wacom with emails about this problem and hopefully they can figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! that is the best solution by far for now.. it worked on my MacBook Pro with the latest version of Sierra and Ps CC 2017 with an Intuos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, really. Brush drag didn't work, nor Alt+Shift+drag on AI, nor Cmd+Shift+resize on INDD, every single two-keys-plus-drag shortcut wasn't working, and I was getting as mad as Indigoverse. Great job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution. The other problem I encountered is when using the command like create a layer the app decreases in size and a blue box sounds it like attached image. Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 12.46.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

★ This is not an Adobe issue. ★ Downgrade previous gen Wacom driver: MacOSX 6.3.21-8 to resolve PS CC brush resize and hardness with Ctrl + Alt.
Wacom Previous Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most recent Wacom Tablet Driver MacOSX - Driver 6.3.23-3 (Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, & 10.12) works again with ctrl + alt + pen! 🙂

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that on Win 10 if you hold down Alt key then press the right-click button on the pen while hovering, not touching the tablet it works.  Left/Right = size, Up/Down = hardness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken again in CC 2018 on Windows 10 with a Cintiq 22HD. Updated all the drivers, but now alt+right click+drag turns on eyedropper in brush tool and activates 'history eraser' in erase tool. Has anyone figured out if they changed the shortcut or just got rid of this function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a Wacom issue

Here, the shortcut works perfectly with a mouse but not with the pen

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly with my Cintiq in the previous version. It seems in CC 2018 it now ONLY works with the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Got it figured out for now. Must turn of 'Use windows Ink' in the Wacom control panel. Previously this did not mess with the alt+right click+drag function in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore that. Turning off Use Windows Ink also kills all pressure sensitivity, unless someone has a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, almost done talking to myself here. Found the solution:

1.       create a notepad and type in:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

save it as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

2.       Open run command and type appdata and hit enter key

3.       Go to location:

Roaming - Adobe - Adobe Photoshop CC2015 - Adobe Photoshop CC2015 Settings

4.       Move  the PSUserConfig.txt file to Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings folder

Thanks to@JJMack (elsewhere on this forum) for the instructions.

Leave "Use Windows Ink" enabled. This allows full pressure sensitivity AND alt+right click+drag function with a stylus. Hope this helped someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I've a Wacom intuos pro and in my windows 10, just upgraded last week, alt+right click by pen, in order to resize my brush, doesn't works. I tried all solutions, but doesn't work. I must stop my work upgrading Photoshop to 2018's release.... I'm angry 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm upgraded to 2018's release and brush resizing by pen doesn't work yet...

I'm waiting for the opening of adobe chat support tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!!! I've finally solved the problem: Thomas writes right with that solution. It's more easy following the instructions of this video:

PEN PRESSURE Problem in ADOBE PHOTOSHOP [SOLVED] | Remove Alert Sign in Pen Pressure Section - YouTu...

Now I can work again!!!!

Bye and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!! Now its working!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change brush size by pressing CTRL+Right mouse click (or Pen) then drag left or right or change hardness in same way just drag up an down. Hope it helps!

Maybe brash that you using is not support hardness, try another one..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pretty sure if u have a Wacom tablet its new driver. Download a older driver and thats it.

See the post from CinDroyd

Thanks CinDroyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve recently found the CC (v. 14) shortcut for increasing/decreasing brush sizes:

(Shift + ,) for decreasing

(Shift + .) for increasing

Set this shortcuts to a Wacom´s Touch Ring and working pretty fine.

Hope anyone can find this useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines