• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush strokes become jagged after a few seconds

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried just about everything to narrow down and eliminate this problem, with no luck.

When I first start PS and paint a line with a simple hard round brush, it's nice and smooth. After about 15 seconds (or 4-5 lines), the lines become jagged.They're not pixely - it's more like what happens if you have smoothing turned off. The effect is more pronounced when I paint zoomed out, as if the input data is constrained to the zoomed out pixel size.

This is not a tablet problem - it happens with the mouse as well.

It does not happen with the lasso selection tool, so it seems limited to the brush tool.

Here's an image showing a series of brushstrokes, going from left to right.  You can see how the stroke quality degrades from the first stroke (on the left) which is nice and smooth, to the strokes on the right which are jagged.  You need to view the image at 100% to see what's happening clearly.

PS jagged lines4.jpg

The fact that this problem doesn't appear when I first start the program, then creeps in, is really perplexing!  Once it starts it never goes away.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the problem. I bought a Huion tablet.

Never solved the problem with Wacom. They keep telling that the problem is not their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines