• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes not painting to the edge of cursor...

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally just installed Photoshop 2022 on my new Macbook Pro.  Previously I was working with 2021 version.  When I got the new computer I just did a clean install.  Now all my brushes are not painting/erasing etc. to the edge of the circle cursor.  I double checked all the settings and cursor preferences and they are exactly the same as I had them in PS202.  Is there a new setting I'm not aware of in PS2022?  The cursor is only painting or erasing in the very center.  For example I have it set to 60 pixils and seems like I'm only getting the center 30 of that size.  It's making erasing and cloning very frustrating.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Apple changed the Cursor size preference to under Apple>System Preferences>Accessibility>Display>Pointer>Pointer size

pso.png

Changed again with macOS Ventura 13.x

poi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried resetting the preferences? Go to Preferences/General and click the reset preferences button.

Otherwise on the Mac OS specifically, check your Mac System Prefs/Accesibility/Display and make sure your Cursor size slider is set to normal. 

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1663363308798.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, I haven't tried resetting the prefernces only because looking at them they seem to be just how I like them, but I guess I should try that.  I did just now go look at Accessibility/Display and I don't have a slide for Cursor size, like you show in the photo.  This is what that setting looks like for me... I am on OS 12.5.1Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 2.28.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reset all preferences and it's still only painting in the center of the cursor and not to the edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a screen shot of your PS Preferences/Cursors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 2.33.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried rebooting my computer and still same problem with cursor.  So annoying when trying to retouch photos, to not have control.  And why has it changed from PS2021 that I was previously using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple changed the Cursor size preference to under Apple>System Preferences>Accessibility>Display>Pointer>Pointer size

pso.png

Changed again with macOS Ventura 13.x

poi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was exactly the problem!  Thank you.  I had my cursor adjusted to just a little larger just because I can see it better then.  Guess Photoshop didn't like that.  Changed it back to normal and I'm all good now.  Man, that was a weeks worth of frustration 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you
you solved my problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines