Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes

Participant ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Given Ps, you can download a lot of brushes, but where are brushes that stamp out chains, ropes, castles, and footprints? I've seen them around but not from Adobe. Why doesn't Adobe have more variety like this?

Am I not looking in the right place?

R.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about specifically? 

Are you sure you are using the right tool for the task? 

Illustrator Brushes offer options that elude Photoshop’s Brush Engine (and with good reason). 

As for why Adobe does not offer everything you want them to offer: Every product team has limited resources and if the Brush Engine supports the features you need you can create the Brush/es you need yourself.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen some brushes that when you draw it forms a chain or a rope. What you made me think of was whether these were Ps brushes or not. Hope it's not a dream. Maybe it wasn't Photoshop.

Anyone else here? Has anyone else seen brushes like this?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you try creating the Brushes yourself already? 

Photoshop Sampled Brush dabs can only have one color each (with varying opacity) so the colors of the objects are limited. 

And while each dab can be scaled, rotated, stretched, … they cannot »bend« along the brush-stroke so whether their edges match up depends on the stroke one makes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RichardL1967 wrote:

I've seen them around but not from Adobe. Why doesn't Adobe have more variety like this? ...  I've seen some brushes that when you draw it forms a chain or a rope. ... Has anyone else seen brushes like this?

Adobe Illustrator has brushes for ropes and chains. I have not seen them in Adobe Photoshop. In addition, in Adobe Illustrator you can take any artwork and turn it into a brush.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People make their own brushes - I have a bunch like you described. If you don't want to DIY, I'm sure you can do a search and find free ones to download. Once you start making your own, it's addictive. I have a really old video on youtube that shows you how https://www.youtube.com/user/melissapiccone

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines