• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw - Bridge/Photoshop link

Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to the current updates, while Camera Raw was performing the now lengthy Noise Reduction process, I was able to return to Bridge, and inspect more images. (then return to Camera Raw after NR completed). I can no longer access Bridge until Camera Raw processing is complete.  I typically select images in Bridge, then process in Camera Raw using the improved NR option for most images.

Is there a preferences option to make Camera Raw run in Photoshop, or allow access to Bridge while Camera Raw is rendering NR process?

Also, in previous versions of Bridge, selecting a Raw file and entering Command-Open launched Camera Raw. Now that action requires the :"Open in Camera Raw" command. An extra step, and at odds with the default procedure since the first iteration of Camera Raw. It's a tiny quibble, but a time saver when processing many Raw files. (PS 25.0.0 - BR 14.0.0.102 - Mac OS 12.6.7)

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR can be hosted by either Bridge or Photoshop.

"Open in Camera Raw" is hosted by Bridge. Then the host application, Bridge, is blocked by the plugin until it completes.

Double-clicking the file in Bridge opens ACR hosted by Photoshop. Then Bridge is still accessible. At least that's how it works in Windows.

All that said - I would strongly recommend that you don't run everything through Denoise. That's really not what it's intended for! The purpose of Denoise is to handle the extreme cases, shot under very difficult conditions, where you have to push ISO past 5000-6400 or so.

For normal circumstances at lower ISO, there is no point in Denoise. Standard noise reduction, still available, is more than sufficient to deal with it and will give just as good results. Keep in mind that normally it's not a goal to eliminate all noise. That will just look plasticky, unrealistic and unnatural.

I use Denoise on a fast GPU (10 to 20 seconds) - and still I use it on perhaps just 2 - 5 % of my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. OK, now I see that "open in Photoshop" launches Camera Raw HOSTED by Photoshop, so I can return to Bridge at any time. And that is where I can re-check image ISO to determine if NR (AI) is required. As a Wildlife shooter, I often have images with extremely high ISO -which were previously unusable. The New/Improved NR processing  produces exceptional images even when captured at ISO 12800. (far superior to Topaz) And I know when to limit NR to avoid excessive smearing/smoothing.  GH_Owl_Sub-Adult_4690-ADB-NR-ECU-Crop-LR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, got it 🙂

We get a lot of people here who think they should use Denoise on ISO 100 shots, and many of them just assume standard noise reduction has been removed and replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines