• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can exif data be changed in photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am engaged in a nasty lawsuit and now I have a question. So I hope you can help me further.I have a question about adobe Photoshop CS2.

I have added in the annex 2 pictures of properties of a photo. The photo is on 1-10-2010. All the exif data from the camera stand in it too (see CANON EOS 350 d still camera data). Now my question, if you the picture edited in Adobe Photoshop CS2 can then also the date of recording of the photo? I.e. this date change? Continue then the exif data exist, or disappear than the camera data if one adjusts this date in Adobe Photoshop and you only see the "updated" date taken. I have always understood, that if one changes, the date of recording the exif camera data disappear from the picture. In this case, the exposure time, the camaramodel etc.. I understand that you have a create date (exif) original (recorded)

to illustrate the RAW data of the photo:

<exif:DateTimeOriginal>2010-10-01T11:39:18</exif:DateTimeOriginal>
<exif:DateTimeDigitized>2010-10-01T11:39:18</exif:DateTimeDigitized>

and a create date and modify date (date of operation) in photoshop.

To illustrate the RAW data from the same photo:

<xmp:ModifyDate>2010-11-30T20:09:55+01:00</xmp:ModifyDate>

<xmp:CreateDate>2010-10-02T20:29:54+02:00</xmp:CreateDate>
<xmp:MetadataDate>2010-11-30T20:09:55+01:00</xmp:MetadataDate>
<xmp:CreatorTool>Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows</xmp:CreatorTool>

In this case are the exif data for the original date of recording of the camera and are the xmp data for the dates of editing in Photoshop?

Can anyone confirm this, or is it different story. In advance, thank you very much for the effort, I would very much benefit from

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using ExifTool you can change anything you like...

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

So nothing is safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks I did know that there is a special exif tool. But I  wanted to know if you can change the exif files only by using Photoshop. So when I will edit a photo in Photoshop, will the exif data staying the same or can they also be changed there (Photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they can be changed using Photoshop or Bridge, but you need to use a script to make the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be careful of the Date Taken field, and how it is reported.  In Bridge and Photoshop (not sure in other Adobe products) you can change it in the IPTC field but not the Exif field.  But like Paul says you can find a tool to change that field also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe there are 3 dates.  Date Created (set by camera or scanner when imag made), Date File Created (date file originally imported, or file name changed), and Date File modified (edited).  If you do not use special edit tools the Date Created will remain the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, where can I find these 3 dates, when looking at the photo (picture). Because above I have an </exif:DateTimeOriginal>2010-10-01T11:39:18 and then I have a

<xmp:ModifyDate>2010-11-30T20:09:55+01:00</xmp:ModifyDate>

<xmp:CreateDate>2010-10-02T20:29:54+02:00</xmp:CreateDate>

Are these the 3 dates you meant?cameragegevens.jpgdatum foto.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial of how to shift the timestamps or change the Date Created in the metadata using Bridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHv7RFcM0cE

Download the instructions/template here: http://linpernille.com/blog/timecodes/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing dates on a photo sounds nefarious to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the original poster suspected that someone had entered an image with an edited date as evidence, so »nefarious« indeed. 

How did you happen on this old thread? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines