• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I officially say I have created my first seamless pattern in photoshop?

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have work so hard to accomplish this one thing in photoshop. Creating a seamless pattern was my goal.

But computer issues have not helped.Big shout out to all the people who helped me along in this community.

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your pattern looks great! Well done! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pattern is nice but there is still a square effect. Normally the junction between hrz and vert sizes must not be noticed. This is however hard to do… only wall paper designers are really good at it

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly. Just don’t know at this point how to make it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've done a great job.  Patterns can be a bit of a black art. 

Did you use View > Pattern Preview

This very short Paul Trani tutorial explains it nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pattern Preview is a lot of fun.  I expect you are already on top of it, but just in case:

The blue square is the outline of my 1000 x 1000 pixel canvas.

The picture elements are all on thir own layer, and made Smart Objects so you can resize without losing IQ.

The Move tool is selected, and Auto Select turned off.  This lets you hold down the Ctrl key and drag with the curso over the object you wish to move.  You can overlap the canvas border as you can see.

When happy go Edit > Define Pattern, but also save as a PSD file so you can make changes and define as a new pattern.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my screenshot of my pattern in view pattern preview? I have really strugged with photoshop due to compatibility issues. Never know what going to  work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the video,but nothing for me works that simple in photoshop.I thought it would be fun.

I guess compatiblity issues is not helping. It has not been very enjoyable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go Help > System Info > Copy and paste to this thread?

Can you also give us a brief description of the computer you are using? Especially, is it a laptop?

Laptops often have two GPUs.  An onboard, usually Intel, which is efficient regards battery use, but not great for performance, and a descrete GPU for performance.  If this is the case, then you need to force the descrete GPU.  If the descrete GPU is Nvidea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my computer settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised Photoshop runs at all on your system, because it is well below minimum spec, and even systems that do 'just' meet minimum spec are not much fun when using Photoshop.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04443549

You 4GB RAM and Adobe recommend 16GB

You only have the onboard Intel GPU I mentioned, which lacks the features Photoshop needs.

Will you be able to get a more powerful computer any time soon?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dummy me thought I checked to see if I had enough space on my pc. Forgot to check others?cant afford an new pc. I knew I was having problems from the get go and ask to cancel and again dummy me purchased yearly subscription that will cost me a fee to cancel.
I don’t know what to do I feel stuck. I know this sounds crazy wish they could have somehow told me this? Would they have a clue it’s not compatible and not allow the download. I’ve seen in other programs where they tell you and you can’t download? I think I’ll try again and see if they will cancel without fee? That all I know to do. Thank you so much for your help.I have taken note of you video for future reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines