• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I still upgrade from CS5 to CS6

New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6 for the Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Go to this page Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications and download from there.

Make sure to choose CS6 Design Standard, if you choose any of the other options, you may run into problems with the serial number.

The downloads for Full and Upgrade are the same.

You will of course need your serial number for CS6, and if CS5 isn't installed on the computer, you'll need the serial for that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from Adobe anymore. Some guy on this site tipped them off and everywhere I check on Adobe.com I get directed to the cloud.  Still some downloads-cd available from some retail outlets. Didn't see any upgrades but I didn't look very hard

.Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoRoy1 wrote:
Not from Adobe anymore...
They've done their best to hide it away,
<a href="https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesu...">but this is the link</a>
, and the page should look like below... well, I'd show you the page only Adobe's stupid server keeps throwing me an error message, something about "contextual fragments."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked 60 minutes ago, you could upgrade CS5 to CS6.

edit:

I just checked again now. Yes the upgrade path is still open from PSCS5 to 6. (the US Adobe site anyways). You just have to click the right links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download/upgrade worked for me.  Thanks.  I used my NAPP discount for $30 off.  I figure this may be the last PS version I buy (first version was PS4).  I'll not go the subscription route.  As for RAW converters, Lightroom should be there for a while, at least.  My concern is I've always converted to .dng because Adobe said they will always be there--now I wonder.  They'll be there for an exorbitant price. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the right links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌can I trade my Windows CS5 For a Mac version of CS5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌No.

You'd have to pay to upgrade from CS5 Win to CS6 Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Full price or an upgrade price?  If upgrade price do yourhave a link for where i can domthat?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny. PhotoRoy1 link lands in a page from Adobe that says something like "sure, you can call and buy Adobe Creative, but why would you? Buy the cloud service... "  arghhhh. Why they want to control us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who will go that.. so their is no where to or somehow we can upgrade from cs5 to cs 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buying CS6 today is daft. It isn't supported any more and is already having trouble with the latest systems. If you are determined to throw $700 away on this instead of $10 a month which stays current, you have to call Adobe. They will confirm you are on an old system and intend to stay on it. But in my view if you won't subscribe it's time to find another photo editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where the hell is the download software available. I've just paid for it and cannot find it!!!

Adobe GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER otherwise there will be a lot of us who will depart ADOBE!!!

I am fed up have to search all over the place for software which I have been using for 30 years.

Where the hell is the download - all I can find is Photoshop CC and I want CS6 - Where is it???

This is impossible - it was never like this. ADOBE you are out. £190 and still cannot find my software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is December 2, 2013, and I called the Adobe purchase telephone number to ask if I could upgrde from CS5 to CS 6.  They answered that I could not. 

Is there a way to shortcut this unwillingness.  I tried the link from pf22 above, and no upgrade option presents itself.  Or am I just SOL now, and thus headed to Aperture as my new editing platform? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SavantNeal wrote:

It is December 2, 2013, and I called the Adobe purchase telephone number to ask if I could upgrde from CS5 to CS 6.  They answered that I could not. 

You can always upgrade from CS5 to CS6 licence version.  Subscription verision is a different animal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y (or anyone else), how do I upgrade without buying the $700 full program version of CS6? 

I have spent thousands over the years on PS licenses and upgrades. It makes no sense to spend that much on a version that soon will no longer be supported by Adobe, which is now committed to CC.  

In fact I am wondering why I would spend, say, $200 to $300, for even an upgrade in light of Adobe's abandonment of photogrphers like me who often find themselves unable to connect with the Web but will still need to use an image editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6. $199 USD for non-extended versions.

It is a little hidden and very convoluted, but from Adobe home page  go Products > Creative Suite 6 > Photoshop CS6 > Buy CS6 > Photoshop CS6> Buy ($699) and where it says "I want to buy: Full" click on "Full" dropdown menu and choose "Upgrade", then choose CS5 from the "I own" dropdown menu. You should see the price drop to $199.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  Other than a slow download because of slow ISP connection, everything went exactly as Charles said t should.  Now I can avoid change for a few more years.  Change? To be avoided! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is time for Adobe to realise that a lot of their clients do not want cloud type software and the associated payment every month.

What about it ADOBE!

Do you feel guilty about the way you are treating those of us that have been loyal customers for many many years.

Give us the same access and recognition that you seem to be giving to those for the monthly payment system - or are you only concerned about getting the cash???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where it says the upgrade is $199.00! I see $375.00 for upgrade from CS5.5, and $749.00 for the upgrade from CS5. Where is the $199.00 version, please?

I HATE the fact that Adobe seems to feel the need for subscriptions. Their products, while awesome, are expensive enough as licensed versions. To have to pay the price of a licensed version every year is just out of my means. Makes me SICK - I spent all that money on college, learned the CS5 version of Creative Suite, and now it will no longer be supported because Adobe has gotten greedier. If I had a job, it would be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have my sympathy. But CS6 is available as an upgrade for about £200. It is however difficult to find the web page containing the advertisement - perhaps Adobe do not really want you to purchase it!!!

(You can still upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6. $199 USD for non-extended versions.  It is a little hidden and very convoluted, but from Adobe home page  go Products > Creative Suite 6 > Photoshop CS6 > Buy CS6 > Photoshop CS6> Buy ($699) and where it says "I want to buy: Full" click on "Full" dropdown menu and choose "Upgrade", then choose CS5 from the "I own" dropdown menu. You should see the price drop to $199)

I agree about your comments on the Cloud version. It does seem that Adobe are just being rather too concerned with money and not their customers.

I had CS6 but have now had to change to CC as CS6 was unreliable in that it repeatedly requested the license number and the entry of such a long number each time was driving me mad. I ended up just using CS5.

I'll see how the CC version goes - but I do object very strongly to paying a monthly fee for software.

ADOBE - You are going to end up loosing a lot of customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter Neate!

I guess I maybe should have worded my question differently.

I have CS5 Creative Suite, Web Premium For Educational Individual Use Only.

Can I still upgrade that to CS6 Full Version? I want the whole suite to upgrade, not just one software. I am no longer a student, but may be later spring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, here's one customer you've lost - I will never buy Adobe Creative Cloud software and pay a monthly fee. There are now plenty of other applications that are as good as the Adobe suites - and some of them are FREE. I think you've priced yourself out of the market Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines