• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i use Adobe Photoshop for commercial use? ( everything in the basic package )

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Adobe Photoshop Community

I would like to use Adobe Photoshop to editing my photos and also for commercial use ( selling )
I would just like to know if fonts, effects, shaders, special colors and filters are also availableincluded ) for commercial use. ( I mean all the features in Photoshop in the base package without some addons/plugins from another people. )

I will be happy for a professional answer.

Thanks for reading and your time.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

The stuff you produce via Photoshop, including the effects and fonts you use, are your copyright (assuming you own, or have bought, the original image) and you can use them professionally in the way you describe in your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

If you have a valid license you can use Photoshop features like Adjustment Layers, Layers, Channels, Paths, Swatches, Filters however you see fit to create and edit your images. 

Fonts can technically be another issue but as long as you have a valid CC license you can use Adobe Fonts. 

Even if you should abandon the CC license the rights of the images you created while you had one are not affected by that.

Of course you would not be able to use the CC applications to edit them anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stuff you produce via Photoshop, including the effects and fonts you use, are your copyright (assuming you own, or have bought, the original image) and you can use them professionally in the way you describe in your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry we probably didn't understund.

theme fonts effects and shaders I think the basic things that photoshop has in itself, whether they are somehow copyrighted or it's all copyright free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe posting some screenshots could help illustrate what exactly you mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here.

to understand what I'm trying to say (these are the options that photoshop allows you to use for photo editing, whether they are copyright free or not and part of photoshop) as fonts, effects, shaders, special colors and filters

AirydRene_0-1650611013293.pngAirydRene_1-1650611064268.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this helps to understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a valid license you can use Photoshop features like Adjustment Layers, Layers, Channels, Paths, Swatches, Filters however you see fit to create and edit your images. 

Fonts can technically be another issue but as long as you have a valid CC license you can use Adobe Fonts. 

Even if you should abandon the CC license the rights of the images you created while you had one are not affected by that.

Of course you would not be able to use the CC applications to edit them anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, practically if I have a CC license so I can use everything that photoshop basically has for creating / editing photos for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I understood correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, practically if I have a CC license so I can use everything that photoshop basically has for creating / editing photos for commercial use.

Yes, Photoshop is professional image editing software so one can certainly use it professionally. 

Exceptions would be the use of the software without license (usually called »pirated«, but I find that term problematic) or of images one has no rights to (copyright-violations) … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer, and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines