• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can no longer use option click with lasso tool to draw a straight line

Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this happened with the last release, but I used to be able to select the lasso tool, option-click on the beginning point and then click cursor to another point to get a straight line with option key held down. 
No longer works. I need to now freehand draw a small segment, and then I can option click to start the process from that point.

Bug? Some sort of new feature? How do I get it fixed?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reversing the process? Choose the polygonal lasso tool (under the normal lasso tool icon) and draw your straight segments, then hold option to freehand draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working fine on my end and also on a Mac. 

Could there be some keyboard reassignment going on? Does Option Key work with other areas of Photoshop you've used in the past? 

You may end up having to reset your prefs:

Press and hold  Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines