• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can "Adobetemp" directory (or contents) be deleted?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that the "Adobetemp" directory has grown VERY large on my HD.

Since it is "named" as a TEMP directory...can it be dleted? Or can it's contents be deleted?

I am running CC version 19.1.8 on Win7 64bit.

Thank you,

JP91306

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JP91306,

The AdobeTemp folder under Windows is used by Creative Cloud desktop app and other Adobe apps for saving temporarily available updates or complete application downloads while the download and install process is going on through CC desktop app. The Local/Temp folder for your user account contains useful logs like amt3, oobelib and PDApp logs which can be used by Adobe technical support for investigation purposes on encountering application malfunctioning issues.

You may clean both the temporary storage folder without affecting the functionality of working apps. Note that you might have to sign back into Creative Cloud desktop app once after deleting the temp folder.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how can we change to another disk? Does it have to be in C: drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch Brad as he demonstrates how to change the drive location your TEMP files are saved to. Full article here: https://www.pcmech.com/article/how-to-change-the-location-of-temp-files-to-another-drive/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my »adobeTemp« - folder exists in "c:\adobeTemp" and not in »%temp%\adobeTemp« – it's outside the usual Windows temp directory!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same location on my PC and it´s about 30GB large ("c:\adobeTemp" )!

Someone please tell us, if we can delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have that folder at all, and CC runs without a hitch.

If you're feeling uncertain, just move it to your desktop so that you can move it back. But the only thing I would expect, is that perhaps you may need to sign in to the CC app again.

The way it all sounds to me, is that this may be failed downloads or failed installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines