• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access Print Settings in Photoshop with P800

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem similar to what KWEinstein listed on Oct 03, 2019. I am using an Epson P800 printer and the dialog box I used to see that allowed me to choose things like output resolution and media type no longer shows up. Since I can't take a screenshot of what it used to look like, here is one from a different Epson printer to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Epson screen 1.jpg

Now I get this:

Epson screen 2.png

I am running Mac OS 12.6

I am running Photoshop 24.0

I have downloaded the latest driver from Epson for the SC-P800. (the 'v9" in the name of the printer is to help me keep track of all of the different things I have tried to get this to work)

I have attempted all of the suggestions mentioned to KWEinstein with this problem.

I tried to select print while holding down the space bar.

I toggled the color handling setting back and forth from printer to Photoshop.

I restored the default settings on the printer.

I removed the printer and re-installed it. 

I am not using wireless, I am using a USB, so there is no AirPrint option. 

I reset my preferences. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop.

I've searched thorugh the Photoshop ecosystem --> Discussions and can't find anything else to try.

I am at the end of my rope!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Caren

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022
Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 
1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3. Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4. Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Old

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screens you are showing are Mac OS print screen controls, not Photoshop.

What specific driver are you running?

V10.85 from Epson is almost a year old (released Dec 2021).

It could be that updating your Monterey may have gone past the point of compatibility with the "current" driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running v12.62. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 
1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3. Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4. Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

And never, I mean never let Apple update the print drivers, download directly from Epson and install those packages.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Hail the Epson Enema!

I also had to delete Epson files from Printers-->PPDs-->Contents-->Resources and I deleted the Installedprinters.plist.

Thank you thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"And never, I mean never let Apple update the print drivers, download directly from Epson and install those packages"

Not that it matters, but it should be noted that Apple stopped providing updates to printer drivers a few OS's ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines