Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't adjust the image size

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

We have an issue with the 'save as' proccess.

As I am about to save a jpg in a folder, I want to reduce the size and I am pressing save as, and a square is popping out with a bar saying the image size (high, medium and low) with numbers(1 to 12), and I am putting the number 8 but the MBsQ104S319247B-0.JPGQ420S8264U47-0.JPG are not changing from the original size.

The image size is 1200x1200 and the resolution 300.

We want the photo to be 500kb without changing the above, but we can't fix the problem.

I will attach two example photos, one with the correct size and the one that its wrong.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ioannis29153592vhuh you will have to change your resolution on your image - 1.2 mb is the maximum compression that you will get with these dimensions. The actual document size is 4.3 mb so 1.2 is a pretty good compression rate.

If you are trying to save these for web you'll have to adjust your image size to get to 500 kb with something so large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're trying to reduce the file size of a JPEG image in Photoshop by adjusting the compression settings, but the file size isn't changing even after adjusting the settings.

One possible reason why this is happening is that the compression settings you're using are not aggressive enough to significantly reduce the file size. In Photoshop, when you save an image as a JPEG, you'll see a dialog box with a Quality slider that lets you adjust the compression level. If you move the slider towards the left (lower quality), the file size will decrease, but the image quality will also be reduced.

Another possibility is that the image you're trying to compress is already highly compressed and cannot be compressed further without losing quality. In this case, reducing the file size may require reducing the dimensions of the image, which can also affect the overall quality of the image.

In order to achieve a file size of 500kb without changing the image dimensions or resolution, you may need to experiment with different compression settings and see which ones produce the best balance between file size and image quality. You could also try saving the image in a different file format, such as PNG, which may be more effective at compressing certain types of images.

If you could provide me with the example photos you mentioned, I may be able to give you more specific advice on how to resolve the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.

Also check if the image of this hunting blog looks alright or not. Your feedback will be radical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What do you mean when you say "We want the photo to be 500k without changing the above"? Do you mean that you want the image to be 1200 x 1200 to output to the web? First, the resoulution on the web is 72 (or 96 depending on who you talk to) so you do not need a resolution of 300. If you are using Image Size to change the resolution, you need to make sure that resample is turned on, and then choose the Width and Height in Pixels (in this case 1200) and the resolution to 72. This will give you a smaller size image but keep the pixel value set to 1200.

If that doesn't give you the answer you need, please give us a little more information so we can help.

Thanks,

Michelle 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If 8 quality is a must then I do not know whether is achievable. You have File > Export > Save for Web > Optimize to File Size to skip guess work if you want images for web.

optimize to file size.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines