• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create video group in Photoshop 2019

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently learned that you're supposed to be able to drag layers together in the timeline to automatically create a video group, allowing you to split the layer and keep each piece on the same track. This would make animating 10000x easier, but it doesn't work. I try to drag the layers together and it only wants to keep them on separate tracks. Can anyone think of a setting I might have to change? Is this a bug with CC 2019?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Had the same issue. If you go to the timeline settings button (the one that you can enable onion skin, set the timeline frame rate etc.) there should be the "Enable Auto-Grouping of Clips". If you select that, it will work. At least mine worked. Hope that helps...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

This does not seem like a bug, as I am able to group that layers. You may try dragging one layer onto the other layer to create a group layer.
anima.gif

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, 

Thank you for your response. I think that's what I'm doing. See below:

Photoshop Issue.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. If you go to the timeline settings button (the one that you can enable onion skin, set the timeline frame rate etc.) there should be the "Enable Auto-Grouping of Clips". If you select that, it will work. At least mine worked. Hope that helps...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I knew I was doing it right but I'm working on a different computer than normal. You saved my brain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thks so much I got an headache from this issue and finally I found your answer ! Thks a lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines