• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Delete my brushes

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC 2017 on a mac and I recently downloaded some brushes I really liked. But suddenly photoshop stopped showing the names of the brushes, they just appeared as 'sample brush 113' or something instead of 'pen' or 'wet brush' Older brushes that I deleted previously also re appeared.

I tried going into the Preset Manager, and somehow there were all my preferred brushes with the correct names, and none of the brushes I deleted.

I've tried deleting them all (though many appear impossible to delete as they aren't showing up in the preset manager), and reloading my new brushes again, uninstalling photoshop. Nothing works.

Is there a fix for this??? Has this happened to anyone else?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using Photoshop CC 2017 and not Photoshop CC 2019?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it should help this ,Just hold the Option key (PC: Alt key) and you’ll notice that your cursor changes into a pair of scissors. Click once on the brush you want to delete and that its no confirmation shown or notification and deleted permanently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines