Exit

can't enable 3D with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super GPU

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the specs of my computer:

Specs.jpg

The hardware test shows me that the hardware is running fine. My graphic drivers and Photoshop are up to date.

When I want to use 3D in Photoshop, it doesn't work:

3D doesnt work.jpg

So I go to performance to check the "use graphics processor" box, but it's already checked. So I click on OK.

GPUCheck.jpg

I restart Photoshop and go back to 3D settings and I see this:

3Dagain.jpg

And I get the same message telling me to check the "User Graphics Processor" check box when I did it seconds before restarting Photoshop.

What can I do? As it is, I just can't use the 3D functions of Photoshop because I get this:

Photoshop 3D doesnt work.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

If you are using PS version 2021 have you diasbled Native Canvas

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using PS version 2021 have you diasbled Native Canvas

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that I have become out of touch with some of these Preference settings JJ, but I don't use Photoshop's 3D.  But I can confirm that your suggestion enabled my 3D Preference settings. (RTX2070)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In way of explanation. a bit of background on the video card :

1. Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.
2. Led by the changes being made above, Adobe introduced new GPU checks in 23.3.1. Unfortunately, these caused some issues and have therefore been revised for v22.4. That means that many GPUs that, incorrectly, did not work in 22.3.1 will now be seen in 22.4 and will function.
3. Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in v22.3

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason Adobe wanted to delivers Photoshop 2021 before its was ready for use,  Feature like 3D  will require a lot of work to updated it to work in Photoshop 2021. So Adobe created that preference in Photoshop 2021 to force prior Photoshop version Graphics support to be used.  When you disable Native Canvas you turn off Photoshop 2021 and revert  Photoshop 2021 to Photoshop 2020 in effect. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack, you are my god! It worked!!! I was so depressed from not being able to use that function and now I can! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines